This is a F.T. position with a privately company located in mid-town NYC. I am the in-house recruiter and we've had a hard time finding strong enough ColdFusion candidates so I figured I'd try here. We've been in business for over 25 years and we have about 115 employees. We are a leader in providing data on the commercial real estate industry.
SENIOR COLDFUSION DEVELOPER
JOB PURPOSE/OBJECTIVE: Web application development / programming for the Reis.com ecommerce portal and customer applications.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES: You will work in small to mid-size teams with other project managers to develop Web-based, mission-critical applications using predominately ColdFusion MX, Python, Zope, Linux, Oracle and HTML for the Reis.com ecommerce portal and customer applications. You will be involved in the entire and ongoing development lifecycle of projects including participation in discussions on design specifications, providing input on IT solutions, troubleshooting application issues, documenting detailed specifications, and ensuring the ongoing maintenance of all applications.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and abilities required:
- Minimum of 5 years experience in software application development.
- Minimum of 5 years experience with ColdFusion required.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Oracle 8i or other DBMS specifically database integration with ColdFusion.
- Broad knowledge of the system development lifecycle and proven ability to adhere to project management deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to develop software test strategies, troubleshoot software issues, and recommend viable solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively both individually and in cross-functional teams, including excellent ability to work effectively with internal clients and external service providers.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including strong technical documentation ability.
- Internet-based application development or distributed object architectures preferred. At least 5 years experience with Internet technologies and significant additional application development experience in client-server environments preferred.
- Minimum 5+ years experience in Linux knowledge
- Minimum 5+ years experience in client server background (in VB 6, Java or similar)
- Minimum 5+ years experience in object-oriented design and analysis.
- Python experience preferable.
- Other: Linux, Apache, GIS mapping.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum Education Requirement: Bachelors degree in computers or engineering field.
Please send your resume to email@example.com