Member Avatar for GreenDay2001

Hello there. I want to learn PHP. I have not even started yet. I have downloaded PHP Server files + Apache. But its giving me total headache to install that. I am still not able to install that thing. I would like to know how to install that thing in my computer.

Secondly since I know ASP well, it would be perfectly fine if I could use em both simultaneously, i mean keep them both in my computer so that I could run my ASP applications and learn PHP by running my PHP applications too. So is this possible.

vishesh

Hello there. I want to learn PHP. I have not even started yet. I have downloaded PHP Server files + Apache. But its giving me total headache to install that. I am still not able to install that thing. I would like to know how to install that thing in my computer.

Secondly since I know ASP well, it would be perfectly fine if I could use em both simultaneously, i mean keep them both in my computer so that I could run my ASP applications and learn PHP by running my PHP applications too. So is this possible.

vishesh

Hi,
If you are installing on window follow the following it will be easy

First way:

1. Install IIS
2. Install php (it will configure with IIS automaticaly)
3. Install mysql

Now you can run php

Second Way

Download easyphp1.8 setup and install that it will installl the complete setup php, mysql, apache so you don't have to do any thing.

These two are the easy way to install I think and even use them

Thankyou

thanx for help. Second think i want to know is what is php.ini, i mean what does it really contain. Do i have edit that according to my reqirements.

thanx for help. Second think i want to know is what is php.ini, i mean what does it really contain. Do i have edit that according to my reqirements.

php.ini , file used to config php
You can config it.

But why you want to do that.
If you install the php, mysql as i told above you don't require that, you can do work without config. php.ini as I am running php, mysql without chaging php.ini setting from past 1year.

thankyou

I want to use the first step that u had told me. I have already installed IIS since I am ASP developer, now how to install that PHP. The installer available is version 4.4.4 but the latest release is 5.1 and I have instaled the compressed file.....now what i want to know is how to install that thing manually for IIS.......

I want to use the first step that u had told me. I have already installed IIS since I am ASP developer, now how to install that PHP. The installer available is version 4.4.4 but the latest release is 5.1 and I have instaled the compressed file.....now what i want to know is how to install that thing manually for IIS.......

run exe of php and mysql they will install automatically and after you install both see in c drive a folder name php exist (if you had not changes the setting)

Then just make a simple php file and run on localhost

If you still have a error then send me message at webxsolutions_team at yahoo messenger
I am online

Thankyou

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.