I can run the following javascript code succefully in IE browser:

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/JavaScript">

this javascript automatically submit the form when running the page.

However I have problem in Firefox browser, it's stuck at this code (cannot submit form).

Any idea what I need to modify so it works both on IE and Firefox? thanks.

12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by Luckychap

IE can use the forms name element to identify the form. I hope that the same is not true for firefox. but I think in firefox and IE you can use the forms ID attribute ( the form should still have a name!! ).

I prefer to use this technique:

var formToSend = document.getElementById("formId");

This technique should work on all browsers that have JavaScript enabled.

I know this is over a year old, but I'd like to update the response for any googlers. The following will work in all major browsers: document.formname.submit(); where "formname" is the same as the form's "name" attribute.

OR document.getElementById('formid').submit(); where "formid" is the same as the form's "id" attribute.

Again, either code will work, and it's preferable to keep your code clean by removing unnecessary code/lines (like where the previous poster created a variable and then submitted that variable).

I think alpha_foobar has written code in more cleaner way than joequincy. Its always better to declare variable and gave them good name so that it can understand by others.

formToSend.submit(); is more meaningfull than documnt.getElementById(formid).submit();

Always write code so that anyone can understand it easily.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.