Hi,

I am new to asp.net programming. I want to know how I can display the record after login.

This is the scenario:

I have login.aspx and employee.aspx.

After login it will direct the user to employee form and display the record of the logged in employee only.

The employee number in my table is the same as the username.

I am using asp.net 2005, with the included sql 2005.

Hi,

I'm a newbie in asp.net but recently had to do something kinda similar. What i did was i created a Session variable in the global file and then set it to zero.

When the user logs in, you have to check with your database if the user exists or not. If it does then capture the user_id.
From that set the Session variable to the user_id.
Then use that to display the records required.

This is how i would do it and did it. I dont know if there are any other better ways.

Hi,

I am new to asp.net programming. I want to know how I can display the record after login.

This is the scenario:

I have login.aspx and employee.aspx.

After login it will direct the user to employee form and display the record of the logged in employee only.

The employee number in my table is the same as the username.

I am using asp.net 2005, with the included sql 2005.

Thanks for your reply. I've been checking my post daily and i'm happy at least somebody replied already. If you don't mind, do you have sample coding for this. Should i use the built in login?

Your reply will be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Hi,

I'm a newbie in asp.net but recently had to do something kinda similar. What i did was i created a Session variable in the global file and then set it to zero.

When the user logs in, you have to check with your database if the user exists or not. If it does then capture the user_id.
From that set the Session variable to the user_id.
Then use that to display the records required.

This is how i would do it and did it. I dont know if there are any other better ways.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.