hi, i'm trying to execute some c++ code from the php script in my webpage, but its not working. the best i could find was the php code below.

$output = shell_exec('ls -lart program.exe');
echo "<pre>$output</pre>";

here is the code of program.exe (codewarrior created program.exe from this code)

using namespace std;
int main()
{
    return 7;
}

when i run this the screen just says some data, like date and my host server and the program, but does not exectute the program.

i was trying to get it such that when i run the page this php script is on it says 7. thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Are you sure your permissions allow remote execution? It's generally a Bad Idea (tm).

no, i suppose i don't have permision, do you know if there is anyway to execute java code from a javascript or some other scripting language, i've been searching all over the interenet, but nothing seems to allow me to call java functions from the site's code.

Is this even possible?

Your PHP code would simply output the HTML code necessary to load the Java Applet.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.