Hey guys

i make hosting on a company. When i am opening my application i am recieveing the following error:

Security Exception
Description: The application attempted to perform an operation not allowed by the security policy. To grant this application the required permission please contact your system administrator or change the application's trust level in the configuration file.

Exception Details: System.Security.SecurityException: Request for the permission of type 'System.Web.AspNetHostingPermission, System, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b77a5c561934e089' failed.

By the way, i am working on Microsoft .NET Framework Version=1... and asp.net version= 1.000.

I am seeing on the last error page that the framwork and asp.net version
Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.42; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.210

Also i have selected the .net framework version 1.... in the control panel of the hosting.

Is it possible that i am recieving the error because of dffernt of versions between my local machine and server.

Thanks in advance.

I'd take it up with the hosting company as it looks like the setting in the control panel is not working correctly and the site has been configured as an asp.net 2.0 site. It could also be that you have applications in subdirectories which have been configured incorrectly.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.