Hi there guys..!! Well what I'm looking for is.. [IMG]http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]

Basically I want to have an HTML POP-UP Window, which would contain a FLASH File of the RESOLUTION "800x622". I want to have Google ads on both sides and at the bottom too. It's easy to define a layout for ads.

BUT the problem is I've lot's of Flash files, and I want to have a pop-up window that can actually change the flash files accordingly.

The RESOLUTION of all the flash files are the same, only the difference is the the files. So I was looking for a HTML/Javascript where I can pass parameter to change the file in the page.

My Site is working on Joomla, I have lot's of content and Want to grow.. if not right now may be later with more and more content and videos..

I had thought of this earlier BUT ..

<a href="#" onclick="window.open('flash.html','newwin','width=800,height=622');">View File</a>

BUT then it would consume space (think about 100's of REDUNDANT HTML Pages) on my server, and moreover I have copy the whole code over and over again, and that I don't want to do... and there will be more users who would be contributing there.. and I don't want them to replace the Adsense Code there... [IMG]http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/images/smilies/redface.gif[/IMG] while contributing. That's why I dropped that plan, so if there's any thing I could possibly do with passing filename as parameters ? any Idea possibly other than this, Any possibility of this being done in PHP ?

Thanks [IMG]http://www.dynamicdrive.com/forums/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Gagan

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Let me get this straight. You want us to HELP you put MORE advertising on the web?
:angry:

If this is not the case, then don't use a pop-up format, or it will be blocked.

Is the user supposed to select a flash file? If so, use a dropdown menu or other selection method, and pass the URL to your JavaScript program.

That's the not the case exactly, I was just honest about my problem, I needed a solution.. that's all.

Check my site, delhitechies.com - The site have content/articles.

Each Article has
Text | Screenshots | Video | More ..
Tabs

Now the Video tab would have a link where, user clicks and a static HTML Page opens with a flash file in it.

Now the flash file would be dynamically selected something like -- popupWin("video1.swf") , so that I don't have to make Individual HTML pages for all the Flash Files. That's why I asked is there a possibility of doing this ?

Thanks for the Reply.

The simplest way is to use an anchor link. Each link can directly call a multimedia video player. Using an anchor link:

<a href="film123.mpg">Movie Number 123</a>

Use one such link for each video file.

But this opens the player by itself in a new window.

It's harder to open the player in a page full of ads.. You need to have some kind of selector to select the proper flash file. It's going to be a dropdown menu, (html select tag), radio buttons (input tag), or some other input device on the html page.

Then you need either an onclick JavaScript function call or a PLAY button telling the JavaScript function to start the video. The selector will provide the url of the flash file in a variable.

The html object tag is used to embed the player in the page.

Thanks I think I can work around with the selector

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.