Having problems with a site that is built in php and mysql.

The goal it for a page to list the name, city and phone of a service from a state, with no hyperlinks and this is currently setup and working correctly. Then I wanted to add a bonus if someone signs up they would have a featured area that would be hyperlinked from the list of names and would leave the other with no hyperlink.

What I did was add another field which was called ‘bonus’ to the mysql table and it creates a ‘Y’ in the column to acknowledge this feature. I added the dynamic field for linkage and that works correctly . It hyperlinks to the featured items like address and website.

Now comes the part that is stumping me:
I want to use the standard name on the page and create a hyperlink to the featured items and would leave all of the other names alone (unhyperlinked). I tried using the “show if statement but was only able to hyper link all of the names and not just the one that I needed. I did some research in PHP and found an idea on how to do it with the “if and “else statement but can’t seem to make it work.

I would really love some input on how to make this function properly.

Thanks in advance for your time.

Andrew

Try pasting the code you have. It'll make the job easier.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.