well here is the part of my script that is malfuctioning.

require "config2.php";
require "config.php";
$result = mysql_query( "SELECT `sum` FROM `subs`" );

$sq = mysql_fetch_assoc($result);

$value = $sq['sum'];

$val = preg_replace('/$/', '', $value);
?>
<br>
<?php
echo $val;

$query = mysql_query( "SELECT title, threadid FROM `thread` WHERE forumid = '10' ORDER BY threadid LIMIT '". $val ."' , 10" );

while( $row = mysql_fetch_assoc( $query ) ) {

?>

i get thsi error

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in

and from the code above this is the line it is refering to

while( $row = mysql_fetch_assoc( $query ) ) {

i am compleatly lost. i have no idea what so ever is wrong.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

man echo the sql syntax to have a clearer view

Man have u checked the type of parameter to be passed for the function. In php just check the type u have declared for $result and $query. and check wat type mysql_querry is returning.

i found the problem. because like all good problems 2 mins after you post it you solve it yourself.

it was the config files. they contain conecxtion deatils for two diffrent dbs and if you look were they are you can see that it will run my secound query of the file config file not the secound like i wanted.

man i need a small help. i m in vth sem of mca. i need some gud mini project titles. can i suggest some. i want some gud titles and which are small and effective.???

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.