I'm looking for a php/mysql search tool but not a search engine tool.

I'm trying to find something that allows you to enter a list of different characters. Then when any of those characters get entered into a textarea within a form and submitted by the user, the tool detects this and then you display whatever content/page you want to accordingly.

I hope this makes sense. Any suggestions for tools like this?

I'm looking for a php/mysql search tool but not a search engine tool.

I'm trying to find something that allows you to enter a list of different characters. Then when any of those characters get entered into a textarea within a form and submitted by the user, the tool detects this and then you display whatever content/page you want to accordingly.

I hope this makes sense. Any suggestions for tools like this?

Where is the "searchable" data stored?
If its in a database, then a simple database query will retrieve the correct results.

Usually, a search function is created by indexing data in a database, and using the database to perform the search.
Then the database search results can be used to reference the actual data that was indexed, or be the results itself.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.