I'm looking for a php/mysql search tool but not a search engine tool.

I'm trying to find something that allows you to enter a list of different characters. Then when any of those characters get entered into a textarea within a form and submitted by the user, the tool detects this and then you display whatever content/page you want to accordingly.

I hope this makes sense. Any suggestions for tools like this?

Contributors
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by digital-ether

I'm looking for a php/mysql search tool but not a search engine tool.

I'm trying to find something that allows you to enter a list of different characters. Then when any of those characters get entered into a textarea within a form and submitted by the user, the tool detects this and then you display whatever content/page you want to accordingly.

I hope this makes sense. Any suggestions for tools like this?

Where is the "searchable" data stored?
If its in a database, then a simple database query will retrieve the correct results.

Usually, a search function is created by indexing data in a database, and using the database to perform the search.
Then the database search results can be used to reference the actual data that was indexed, or be the results itself.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.