Anybody know of a good one? One that tells where they came from and when they exit.

I have been trying a few out that I got off of hotscripts and haven't found one I like.

If possible I would like to put in root directory without having a script on each page. Also would like to keep track of other sites also. I use godaddy hosting. (mysql php)

Any suggesions appreciated.

If possible I would like to put in root directory without having a script on each page

I used the "include" statement to get a counter on all of my pages. Is that what you are after for?

I used the "include" statement to get a counter on all of my pages. Is that what you are after for?

Not really, I just want to put a file or two on the site, without having to add code to each page. I add regularily to many of my sites, and I also don't want to go back and add to all of the others.

I really am not a coder, but have been going in and changing some of the obvious stuff here and there in some of my templates and index pages.

I have the google account, hmm, may have to look at that some, but some of my sites will never see a google ad so will that work for them?

Im getting ready to generate a bunch of web pages using my photos, and an include might be cool, how does that work? Would I need to have a good counter/stats program for it to work?

Include works be inserting a file into another ie.,

HelloWorld.php

<?php
echo "<h1>Hello World!</h1>\n";
?>

index.php

<html>
<head>
<title>Hello</title>
</head>
<body>
<? include('Hello World.php'); ?>
</body>
</html>

Would generate a page that looks like this:

<html>
<head>
<title>Hello</title>
</head>
<body>
<h1>Hello World!</h1>
</body>
</html>

Obviously it can have more than one echo but that's the easiest way to describe it.

A great web stats option is GoStats. I use both Google and GoStats to get a hybrid solution of realtime and comprehensive web stats. (GoStats is really quite good even by itself)

This article has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.