This is a general discussion.

Now a days file sharing through torrents has become very popular. People are actively participating in sharing the illegal and copyrighted matrilas like movies, songs, games and other stuffs.

Even though knowing that their IP can be traced out from the trackers people are indulging into piracy through torrents. Is it not possible to stop them?

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I don't know - but it has nothing to do with PHP so perhaps you should post such general ponderings over in the Geek's Lounge?

Sounds like a homework question to me.

A) its not illegal in all countries
B) its extrememely hard to track these pirates
C) the police have better things to do

Sounds like a homework question to me.

A) its not illegal in all countries
B) its extrememely hard to track these pirates
C) the police have better things to do

Hey, I had seen torrent software called Utorrent. In that software, those who partipcipate in the file sharing activity, it will show the ip address of all participants. That means those set of users will be sharing a common file. Thus, won't it become easy to track them with their ip?

Some of use proxies and you generally need court orders for each of them to track them ($$$$$$)

Some of use proxies and you generally need court orders for each of them to track them ($$$$$$)

You mean if people use proxy, then proxy ip will only be displayed in the list while file sharing. Then people will use proxy to use file sharing activity also. Thats bad..........

I tried using a proxy ip. I even succeeded. But, problem was, many web pages were unable to open. What might be reason?

The IP of proxies are generally blacklisted by most sites because hackers like to proxies when they are attacking sites

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.