I have retrieved a value from a query and need to put it into the Label called "lblViews". Every way I try, it says there is no instance for this object. How do I write/set the text of the label to the query I retrieved in the Page_Load method? Thanks.

I have tried the following:

----
Dim Control1 As Label = Ctype(CelebBio.FindControl("lblViews"), Label)
lblViews.Text = Views
----
CelebBio.lblViews.Text = Views
----

'Views does exist, and writes normally just not to the label inside the repeater. I would hate to have a hidden label outside the repeater and on onLoad set javascript to set the label equal to the hidden label.

I think you might have to do something about taking the repeater and finding the label in its children or something... I had a problem like this once, but I don't quite remember what I did...

Yeah, that's the part I cannot figure out. It's all done on page_load not in a vb file. Just need to figure out what I need to put. Everything that made sense to me does not work! Thanks though.

I solved this one myself. All I did was make the DataList query two tables and used the value there. If you have questions, PM me and I'll tell you how!

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.