I was hoping to throw what I am trying to do out there to see if anyone could give me the best way of handling it. Basically, I have a custom pdf viewer that converts the desired page of the pdf to a jpeg on the server and then sends that image to the browser. The problem is I don't want these images hanging around. Can anyone think of a clever way to clean up the images rather than having a cron job delete them every 'X' minutes??

Contributors
Replies
Views
10 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by fatihpiristine

add javascript code to your page which displays your images on body unonload to remove the picture.. then you will not have to delete every x minutes

Im not sure i understand completely. Are you saying have a javascript function wich executes on body unload which will output the image tag, and then how would i remove the picture???

you will execute the java code on unload,

you assing the path and name of the picture to the javascript. it is simple. not so complicated

yes, you know already what to do :)

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.