I have a website that uses a frameset which consist of a left frame and right frame. The right frame consists of the main contents, which are selectable via a set of iframes. The left frame has a graphical panel that users interact with to request info from or send data to the main content frame. Once each iframes is selected, that iframe loads its own panel so the user can use the features of that iframe and panels.

The problem that I have here is that every time a selection is made on the panel, it causes the main content to go through a full postback which cause the pages to flicker and at the same time cause the left panel to refresh as well hence looses the previous selection.

What I would like to know is how and what can I do eliminate the flickers while maintaining the view state of the graphical panel. I have heard of the Microsoft ICallbackEvenHandler but I don’t know how to use it and I don’t know if it would be the right tool for the job.

Please would someone point me in the right direction.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

personally, I say rebuild without frames. Anyway, if incase you do not already do it, try adding the "If Not Page.IsPostBack Then" statement. This should help with you losing your selection (hopefully). I haven't delt with frames in over 5 years, when it was mandatory to try it in school. The cross-browser accessability is much less than acceptable. I don't mean to knock, but I don't think you have a choice in this matter. ASP.NET wasn't really made for frames so their compatability with it might be unacceptable for you. If the Page.IsPostBack statement fails to keep your focus, you might just want to add a session variable to hold your focus if you page is refreshed every single time a frame is called. Wish I could be of more help.

Believe it or not, I do have that line of code in the program.

hmm, well sorry I couldn't be of help this time. Almost everyone has had this problem with asp.net and frames.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.