Right now im testing a script to start at boot up. I accomplished starting it at boot up by creating a new string value in the HKLM\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run registry. Now my question is how do I run the script so that it doesn't display the dialog box? Is there a silent switch I can use in order to do this?

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Hi

What does this script run? Is it your program that you created in VB.NET?

If it is your program then you will need to cater for a silent switch. This could be achieved by passing a command line argument which your program then reads and depending on this value will determine whether to show a dialog box or not.

HTH

Right now I have the following testcode running at device bootup.

Echo off
Echo Hello World
Exit

I'm in need of help with running those arguments that will run this script silently. Also after I verify that this code runs correctly and learn a bit more about the switches I will apply what I am trying to learn to a script that runs and installs Windows update without user interaction at boot up. Please help and I appreciate all the help.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.