hi
I'm trying to build a website of multi-language (English and Arabic). The problem is the writing direction, as in Arabic, we write from right to left, so that I have to relocate the logo,the scroll bar,etc to the other direction.

I managed to change the CSS for the logo, but the problem is in the menu, I must change not only the direction, but switch the links places that the Home menu button moves from the 1st button on the left to the 1st button on the right.... I asked a designer about it, and she told me to do it manually within dreamweaver inside every page I wanna change the language, but that means I will duplicate every web page instead of having one page with different keys which is translated according to the value,but having too many webpages and decrease developing efficiency.

Any suggestions will be helpful, thx

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

Would you like to see made ​​Arab sites. Firebug look through their code, I think it will simplify the task.

http://www.w3.org/TR/i18n-html-tech-bidi/ the standard, resorts element order, so the menu buttons should adjust, home will become first on right, in rtl languages, and first on left in ltr languages

Thank you almostbob. That was of much help and I did it :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.