I here by request daniweb that can't they have a sperate section for specially algorthims ? I have seen that many people post their algortihm problems in C, C++ (although they say it should be code in C or C++) But , if they want only algo of that question or pattern or approach to any problem, then why they post in a language specific department ? Even myself sometimes found it very difficult to find where to post my question. it will be damn damn helpfu if daniweb has a seprate column or say department under software development named : algorithms. thanks if i am right in my suggestion. ;)

Recommended Answers

All 14 Replies

That forum is called "Software Development" -> "Computer Science". That is where you post language-agnostic problems, such as discussions on algorithms and approaches to solve a problem.

okay! So that is already here. but sorry to say or may be it's my misconception that no body replies much on that department. conputer science has even less replies than introductions and geek's lounge. people are more active on communinty intro , geeks lounge as i have seen. I know i can be wrong in my observation , but still i want to share it so i am doing that! thanks

It is true that the Computer Science forum isn't the most active here. But, as far as I am concerned, and I think others too, I regularly check it. And the only way a forum becomes more active is if people post to it.

So, Please make it more active and please reply on my post over there now to start from now only ;)

So, Please make it more active and please reply on my post over there now to start from now only ;)

So please, if you want it more active, post there. We aren't going to hire people just to post there so it can be more active for you. When you post there, it will become more active ay at least one more post.

This is why when you post in any forum, it bubbles up to the top, so it will be noticed by people clicking on all of Software Development.

@dani but when i post any post , then hardly 1 reply is there and then nobody comes there. :( sorry if i am wrong. but i have observed this.

when i post any post , then hardly 1 reply is there

That's less an artifact of which forum you post in than it is the content of your post. Perhaps you asked a question that very few people are qualified to answer or interested in answering.

@deceptikon okay ! but i don't think on daniweb there are not anybody who cant reply to the threads which i post. i mean my qyestions are not such a big thing to solve by people like here.

i mean my qyestions are not such a big thing to solve by people like here.

There could be any number of reasons people wouldn't answer a question. Reasons that come to mind in my case:

• They don't know the answer.
  • The answer is too involved and they're not interested in spending the time.
  • They know the answer but aren't sure it's 100% correct.
  • They know the answer but aren't sure how to explain it.
  • They aren't confident in being able to field subsequent questions.
  • The topic isn't of interest to them.

The last one is a biggie with some of your questions. For example, you've recently started learning about cryptography. I know about cryptography (because my job requires it) but don't find it especially interesting, so I don't bother answering questions about it. It's much like I know Java, but don't spend time on the Java forum because I don't care for that language.

hmm.. may be in mine case for which you didn't again replied on my that thread is #2. but can you please spend a little time(hardly 2-3 min) and reply on that as it may be useful to me as i need to start a project as soon as possible. Although, you don't find it intersting but still if you know which is the case here and i am saying to you. Can you now do reply on that ? okay!

Nitin, I don't think it's reasonable to coax someone to reply to threads they aren't interested in. Further coaxing/requesting would just make them lose interest in replying to any of your threads. Let's just respect each other's preferences, shall we?

s.o.s ohh come on! read my post again. I have just asked deceptikon to reply. i am not insisting him/her to reply. as nobody was replying and he said he know about that, so that why i asked him to reply. if he/she still don't want to reply, then it's simplt okay with me. i hope i am clear in my thinking and motive for saying him. thanks. okay! sorry for this, i am deleting my that post virtually. think as if i haven't said him to reply. ;)

commented: As long as you understand, it's all good. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.