That truck trailer combination you see on the highways not a semi. The trailer that hooks onto the tractor is not a complete trailer (has no front wheels) it is called a semi-trailer, the part of the truck that supplies the power to the trailer is called a tractor. Actually, any vehicle designed to pull something fits into the 'tractor' category (in prop airplanes, propellers in front of the fuselage is a tractor confituration).

Xerox is the world's most management-heavy corporation.

Cary Grant never said "Judy, Judy, Judy" in any movie.

Blue eyed people are twice as likely to need glasses than brown eyed people.

commented: It all makes sense now! +0

The opposite sides of a dice cube add up to seven.

Statistically red cars have more accidents then yellow cars.

A side note:
A lot of fire departments have switched their trucks to a yellow color, away from the customary red.

About 65% of the US population believe in physical angels (human bodies with wings attached).

Apparently three out of four people make up 75 percent of the population.

(Not too many people know that!)

During its flight, a golf ball rotates approximately 100 times per second.

Statistically red cars have more accidents then yellow cars.

A side note:
A lot of fire departments have switched their trucks to a yellow color, away from the customary red.

I don't think so -- there is no study that is able to link car color to accidents (though on study turned up silver cars being safer - but here in the NW a silver car would disappear into the fog.

I could not believe that yellow fire truck bit but sure enough, a quick google showed me some cities are switching/did switch to yellow trucks - NYC did but are switching back because the yellow does not show up well against snow and were difficult to see at night because of the yellow wash-out caused by the sodium-flair street lights. So for firetrucks, red may not be a good color but it seems to beat the alternatives.

commented: Do you understand what Statistically means? +0

The opposite sides of a dice cube add up to seven.

7 is the easiest point to make with a pair of dice because 6 of the 36 possible outcomes of a dice throw add up to 7.

Actually, I read that "LOL" was used for "lots of love" and predates the Internet.

I just did a quick look up for LOL on acronym finder - they show 72 meanings - many of them sure look bogus. I am just replying to show the site in case anyone wants to look up other acronyms. My favorite, Little Old Lady, scores only 1 out of 5

In a recent Department of Homeland Security sweep, three of California's state representatives were discovered to be illegal immigrants. Due to their standing in the community, they have not been deported or imprisoned, pending judicial review.

In a recent Department of Homeland Security sweep, three of California's state representatives were discovered to be illegal immigrants. Due to their standing in the community, they have not been deported or imprisoned, pending judicial review.

I googled for this but could not find verification.
I did find that the counting of illegal aliens in California allowed them to pick up 3 additional Representatives. This P.O.-ed Montana because they only get one Rep. for a population almost 2 times larger than any other representative's district. The number of house seats is fixed at 435, each state gets at least one, and the rest are apportioned out in a ratio based on the last census -- but you all knew that, didn't you (btw - the plural of y'all is all y'all)

Did you know that a typical snail crawls at a speed of 2.5 meters per hour?

I googled for this but could not find verification.
I did find that the counting of illegal aliens in California allowed them to pick up 3 additional Representatives. This P.O.-ed Montana because they only get one Rep. for a population almost 2 times larger than any other representative's district. The number of house seats is fixed at 435, each state gets at least one, and the rest are apportioned out in a ratio based on the last census -- but you all knew that, didn't you (btw - the plural of y'all is all y'all)

How do you count illegal aliens?

'wohne illegal alien, twhoo illegal aliens, thuhree illegal aliens...'

Very funny EnderX!

The way it is offically done however is this way:
Knock on the door and yell "Immigration and Customs Enforcement" or simply "ICE" then count the folks running out the back door.

Cary Grant never said "Judy, Judy, Judy" in any movie.

If you look (listen) carefully - many of the most famous cinema quotes are wrong especially "we don't need no stinking badges"; it is especially true for movie star impersonators; what usually happens is the essence of what they said is boiled down to its essence that allows them to get the cadence right. I keep trying to remember some of them but impersonation of actors is no longer a big 'thing'.

The average American kitchen has 2.4 pots for every pan.

What do you do with 0.4 of a pot?

Find a bowl?

commented: Wow, yes! - it went right over my head, heh,heh +5

The average American kitchen has 2.4 pots for every pan.

Get some Esmerelda papers, roll it and smoke it, I guess

commented: But I felt my wording was a little more subtle. +13

I suppose you are looking for 'cute' answers but the truth is that the national census that takes place every 10 years goes out of its way to try and ensure the accuracy of the count. They keep all answers as secret and secure as they can -- Federal Law requires participation by all persons living in the US; Federal Law protects the information shared during the census. There is some controversy over the statistical methods used to account people not counted. If you have never participated in a census - it is pretty interesting-- especially if you happen to get one of the long forms. I remember when they were trying to come up with a category for unmarried couples - they came up with POSSLQ, 'Persons of opposite sex sharing living quarters'. We have one coming up in a couple years - it should be really, really fun what with all the bloggers and formuns and youtube and all that.

If you really want to know how undocumented aliens are counted please go here - you may have to dig around. You can dl census data into access and other formats.

The average American looks at eight houses before buying one.

fair persons can only shadow fight with a dark person in a dark room

"Feeling blue" comes from the Myan tradition to paint people blue before they were overed to their God in human sacrifice rituals.

The city of Seattle employes a full-time goose chaser to chase geese out of city parks.

Makes sense! When I lived in Detroit we where overcome by flocks of rather nasty Canadian Geese.

One frog known as the Poison-Arrow has enough poison to kill about 2,200 people.

Makes me wonder what the most toxic substance on earth is?

Users of earbud headphones, like the ones that come with an iPod, experience a 61 percent increase in ear wax production.

The city of Seattle employes a full-time goose chaser to chase geese out of city parks.

Makes sense! When I lived in Detroit we where overcome by flocks of rather nasty Canadian Geese.

Geese are right on the edge of weight vs lift ratio - they have the equivalent of 'short-gut-syndrome' and they swallow everything they eat, use what they can and the rest comes right out. A flock of geese can coat a yard/section of beach in half a day. That stuff is slicker'n snot. Seattle has passed laws against feeding wild-fowl in the hopes of getting them to continue on their migration (there are areas around Lake Washington where the Canadian geese stopped migrating because people feed them - big stink over plans to catch and gas them, I believe they trapped and moved them - don't know how well it worked)

Sneekula - you a Seattleite? I live in Greenwood area.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.