Hi all, in an effort to get to know you a little better I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread where we share our hobbies (that are not IT, or computer related) with each other. Forgive me if this thread has been done before, I did look for it but was unable to find one similar. With haste I shall get the ball rolling!

I enjoy:
mountain biking,
walking my dog,
going out to restaurants,
films,
painting,
music.

Anyone else care to follow ?

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

bass guitar
walking (i have a house in scotland)
reading stuff
film

Prying into people's social life ;)

lol nosey me

Playing Basketball
swimming
read books
Guitar & keyboard
watching Movies (korean movies)
Eat :D

Guitar, synthesizer, music in entirety.
Graphics editing, vector creation (computer? Whatever)
Drawing
Building a social life.
My girlfriend :)

• Looking after my family
  • Anime
  • Sleeping
  • Staring at the sky/ceiling
  • Punching holes in happiness
Member Avatar for thunderstorm98

Films
Love to talk with itself alone..

@ S.O.S
How much do you spend a time on sleep ?

> How much do you spend a time on sleep ?

If time permits me, almost around 13 hours a day.

lol Id love 13 hr sleep a day! thatd be great!

Eating and listening to reggae music.

Spending time with my family and my GF
Cooking
Walking

Since i'm not in the IT field yet, I guess my job would be considered a hobby. Also, I like to shoot handguns, especially large caliber ones.

Dancing
Jazz
Wines
History
Politics

Eating and listening to reggae music.

yes eating....

Spending time with my family and my GF
Cooking
Walking

I always thought you were some kind of car buff. What happened?

Tennis, sleeping and movies.

Also, I like to shoot handguns, especially large caliber ones.

I remember the good old days when I could just step out back and shoot! I have a .22 semi-auto rifle w/scope, a Winchester lever-action .3030 that I bought on lay-a-way the summer I turned 15, and a .357 magnum single-action revolver that my b.-in-l. gave me for Xmas years ago.

Er, I grew up in Montana - if that was not immediately obvious. I now live the big city of Seattle so I don't get to be quite so casual.

I have been kinda hoping to try one of those .50 cal handguns (the largest caliber hand-held I ever fired was an M-79 40mm grenade launcher - I count it cuz it is rifled and a real hoot to fire). But I think the M60 loaded with tracers every 10th was the most fun I ever had - and it is probably the only weapon still in use that I trained on

and it is probably the only weapon still in use that I trained on

the colt .45 and the M14 are still in use, as is the m16, these are all from the same era or before

I always thought you were some kind of car buff. What happened?

Okay, I am still a car buff, but I thought that sounded too Lithuanian.

the colt .45 and the M14 are still in use, as is the m16, these are all from the same era or before

Oooh! The M14, I could place 5 of 8 in the inner ring at 1000 meters - I did not know they were still in use. I loved that weapon! but humping the ammo was always my complaint. Just as I was getting out they were introducing the M16, which I only got to live fire a couple times and never learned to field-strip. Thanks, I did not realize they kept the M14, I just assumed they discarded the M14 for the M16 and the 1911-1a for the 9mil. Obviously, keeping up with the military is not one of my hobbies.

For me, the list would probably be something like:

surfing the 'net (not very IT, really)
watching anime
knitting (even while watching anime!)
my girlfriend :P

I did not know they were still in use. I loved that weapon! but humping the ammo was always my complaint. Thanks, I did not realize they kept the M14, I just assumed they discarded the M14 for the M16 and the 1911-1a for the 9mil. Obviously, keeping up with the military is not one of my hobbies.

its a marksmans rifle now, used in iraq by snipers, spotters and special forces too (the navy seals seem to like it). also, navy ships carry sone in the armory and issue to people who gurad the deck while drawing into / docked in port

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M14_rifle#Uses_of_M14_in_U.S._service_since_M16_replacement

and yes, a lot of 1911s were given to SWAT, FBI etc... but the army still uses them in Marine Force Reconand Delta Force, the marine core and many special ops detatchments and the military police.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.