Hello fello geeks!

Programmers' life

Im living in my own world of programming, nd I need to move on to another world.

Have you ever calculated how much time you spend on programming? Take your time and evaluate yourself. For my side, this is what I found, I spend almost 12 hrs daily on programming the real reson being dat I'm still a scholer and curious. I always want to no more and learn something new. Im now doing amazingly 5 programming languages. WOW..!! and I don't even have more dan 2 yrs programming.

What will happen to me in 10 yrs time, :-) My life will be completely be taken off by tech.

I need a serious help seing dat my girlfrriend is complaining about the time we spend together!

Lets do what we do best!

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

Let the computer do the programming for you!

Picking up an English text book could drastically improve your life.

Hello fello geeks!

Programmers' life

Im living in my own world of programming, nd I need to move on to another world.

Have you ever calculated how much time you spend on programming? Take your time and evaluate yourself. For my side, this is what I found, I spend almost 12 hrs daily on programming the real reson being dat I'm still a scholer and curious. I always want to no more and learn something new. Im now doing amazingly 5 programming languages. WOW..!! and I don't even have more dan 2 yrs programming.

What will happen to me in 10 yrs time, :-) My life will be completely be taken off by tech.

I need a serious help seing dat my girlfrriend is complaining about the time we spend together!

Lets do what we do best!

If she complains about the time you spend together, what does she say about the time you spend apart? Does she like you better apart?

commented: Heh! Good question! :) +13

How about teaching your girlfriend some programming?

Maybe you need to upgrade your GF to a newer model :)

Some girlfriends do not need upgrading... just proper maintenance. However; if you have chosen a model that is not compatible with you, or if you have chosen a model that is beyond your means to afford/perform the proper maintenance, then I suggest trading her in for one that is more right for you. Be careful though! Some makes/models have a self-destruct mechanism that automatically initiates when they sense you are interested in another model. If you are happy with the make/model that you have currently and are just looking to upgrade, then I suggest purchasing the Engagement/Marriage package. Again... be careful! Some makes/models are not compatible with this upgrade and lose some vital functions after installation. The functions that seem to be mostly affected are the Career, Sex and Reasonability functions.

FYI... This information could also pertain to those wishing to upgrade their current boyfriend models. Although the Marriage upgrade does not seem to create as many system errors in the Sex function after installation as much as it does in the some girlfriend models, the Career and Reasonability functions could still be adversely affected.

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/381052

commented: =P +4

Programming is my passion =)

I want to die typing at the keyboard trying to solve problems and improve my ability of insight =)

I want my life to be absorbed by programming, because I used to write stories and also had a knack for mathematical problems. I tried putting both together and ended up making un-imaginative scripts of people yelling at each other because someones numbers weren't accurate enough @_@

Yes I know its lame >_<

Hopefully I'll become a good programmer some day, but I'd like to expand my imagination at the same time so I can produce my own kind of art through programming =)

-Alex

commented: I think you need to get a life and a gf :) +36
commented: It's not just lame. It's mega-lame. +4

If you reprogram her, it wll last a day.
If you teach her how to program, ........
(she will reprogram you)

How about teaching your girlfriend some programming?

B.I.G NO! She'l gain more manipulative thinking and ..... I'l be manipulated for the rest of ma life!

If she complains about the time you spend together, what does she say about the time you spend apart? Does she like you better apart?

Sooory! I meant the time we spend together

Picking up an English text book could drastically improve your life.

Im not really concerned and bothered by that! Im living programming not English

they said, "live by a GUN and die by a GUN!" and I say, live by programming and die by lack of social involvement! ;-)

Do you agree?

Maybe you can switch to a programming language that allows for faster development time.

What would be that, I guess JAVASCRIPT. aaaah!

maybe 28 hours a week min on coding. Java and XHTML/CSS mainly.

thats just for my course, personal coding (i make freeware pocketpc apps) comes to maybe another 6 hours a week.

Daniweb itself is at least 20 hours a week minimum.

Im not really concerned and bothered by that! Im living programming not English

And it sounds like that isn't working out so well for you.
:-/

Sooory! I meant the time we spend together

I knew that - I was poking you.

Have you considered getting Wired or this.

Well, considering that im 15 years old and have been coding since about the age of 12, don't have a job and am free to do pretty much anything I want :D I code when I have nothing else to do (or feel like it), so I woulden't say it 'takes my life', I have many hobbies and would say its more of an addition to my life. :)

Hey you are kind of like me. I joined daniweb / got heavialy into computers at the age of 14/15

To the above posters--

Not everyone is a prodigy XD

-- =P

I started programming VB when i was 8 lol

I woulden't consider myself a prodigy, I guess im just well motivated. :icon_cheesygrin:
A friend of mine showed me flash (AS2) when I was about 12, which got me quite interested x]
I then moved to C++ about 1-2 years ago which I have stuck to ever since. But I was interested in computers and eletronics way before I started coding.

Same. My first PC had windows 3.0, 20mhz cpu and 4mb ram lol.

My first PC had an RCA CMOS elf chip used by NASA in those days. Used to program in machine code, assembler, Forth, Basic, C, Pascal (Delphi), and now mostly Python. Yes, it has taken up many hours of my life, but it has not taken over.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.