Hi all,

I am new to your forum and I thought I would post and say hello. So my post is has anyone looked at or thought about going to the Shmoocon in Washington D.C. http://www.shmoocon.org/main.html It is a hackers con and a new one. I was thinking about it and just wondered if anyone else had even heard of it. Take a look it appears fun anyhow and much cheaper than ehemmm all those in L.V. anyhow there you have it. hmmmm don't get the wrong idea hacking is actually writing code to me and cracking is well just well not a great idea in most circumstances. I also believe in the idea that you must keep up to date to keep it out of your system. ;)

Well thanks, take a look and tell me what you think.

Crash

This is what you do when your compiles take to long.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

ha!

Yeah...it is nice to keep up on this stuff. Gives you a keen eye in recognizing it. Sounds interesting, but darn work restraints...just too little time on my hands :sad:

Be careful about posting things in regards to "hacking" Even if you mean it one way, it may be taken the wrong way by someone who doesn't split hairs.

Be careful about posting things in regards to "hacking" Even if you mean it one way, it may be taken the wrong way by someone who doesn't split hairs.

Hi Comatose,

Yeah that is why I explained it up front I did not want anyone to get the wrong idea and really the meaning of hacking until recently really was just writing code; it is a shame it was picked up by the media to mean some sinister concept even if most crackers are just script kiddies running on someone elses work. Either way advice taken.

Crash

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.