"He was a wise man who invented beer."
~~~ Plato

The only thing polling tells you for sure is what people will say if they're asked a question by a pollster.

Jonathan Bernstein

The problem with any ideology is that it gives the answer before you look at the evidence.

Bill Clinton

"There is nothing like training, Will is everything"

Ra'sal Ghul(Batman Begins)

Your past and present experience has in connection to your future events.

“What a computer is to me is the most remarkable tool that we have ever come up with. It's the equivalent of a bicycle for our minds.”

― Steve Jobs

“So comes snow after fire, and even dragons have their endings.”
― J.R.R. Tolkien, The Hobbit

I forgive not because I became a saint,
but because I’m tired of hating.
Paulo Coelho

Press enter to exit
by way too many of us

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible."
-- Voltaire

“Free education, almost free healthcare, a generous benefits system and a better state pension than elsewhere, guarantee equal opportunities for all citizens. The only problem is that all these require a considerable amount of public revenue. This is why the common assertion that to be born in Finland is like winning the jackpot in the lottery is only applicable when you are at the receiving end. A far more common experience is that you need to win the lottery just to cover the tax bill.”
― Tarja Moles, Xenophobe's Guide to the Finns

The market doesn't give a shit how hard you worked. Users just want your software to do what they need, and you get a zero otherwise. That is one of the most distinctive differences between school and the real world: there is no reward for putting in a good effort. In fact, the whole concept of a "good effort" is a fake idea adults invented to encourage kids. It is not found in nature.

--Paul Graham

“You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.”
... Mae West

“Some infinities are bigger than other infinities.”
... John Green

“A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.”
... George Bernard Shaw

"There is no exquisite beauty without some strangeness in the proportion"
...Edgar Allan Poe

"It doesn't take a lot of strength to hang on. It does take a lot of strength to let go."
... Shorsch Klinker

"One loyal friend is worth a thousand relatives."
... Euripides

A bad programmer writes for the next paycheque. A good programmer writes for the next programmer.

• Anonymous

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts."
... Winston Churchill

"The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong."
... Mahatma Gandhi

"Watch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny."
... Author Unknown

Freedom is the right to be wrong, not the right to do wrong.

John G. Riefenbaker

I love voting. It's like drafting my own fantasy sociopath team.

Anonymous

"A young man who does not have what it takes to perform military service is not likely to have what it takes to make a living."
... John F. Kennedy.

"From time to time, the tree of liberty must be watered with the blood of tyrants and patriots."
... Thomas Jefferson

“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.”
... Susan Sontag

If at first you don't succeed,
Try, Try, Try again
If at first you do succeed
Try, Try, Try not to appear surprised

If at first you don't succeed, suppress the vote.

GOP playbook

"Democracy must be something more than two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner."
... James Bovard

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.