"if you were born poor, it's not your fault, but if you die poor, that's your fault" - Bill Gates

I think we dream so we don't have to be apart so long. If we're in each others dreams, we can be together all the time.

- Hobbes (from the comic strip, Calvin and Hobbes)

I don't follow others because it may be dangerous .so I took a big risk n started to follow my self.

" I did this because some one told me big risk can take you on big hight" - By me

May the Irish hills caress you.
May her lakes and rivers bless you.
May the luck of the Irish enfold you.
May the blessings of Saint Patrick behold you.

-- Irish Proverb

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind."

Albert Einstein (German born American Physicist)

Here are some of my favorites:

"Hero­ism breaks its heart, and ide­al­ism its back, on the intran­si­gence of the cred­u­lous and the mediocre, manip­u­lated by the cyn­i­cal and the corrupt." - Christopher Hitchens (R.I.P.)

"You know you're a programmer if you always start counting from 0." - Geek saying

"When you smash the box, you have no choice but to think outside of it." - Me (in the context of describing generic programming techniques)

"Yes, inspiration exists, but it has to find you working." - Picasso

"As far as the laws of mathematics refer to reality, they are not certain; and as far as they are certain, they do not refer to reality." - Einstein

"Alles hat ein ende, nur die wurst hat zwei." - German saying ("Everything has an end, only sausages have two.")

"If we gave this man an enema, we could bury him in a matchbox." - Christopher Hitchens (in layman terms: "this man is full of it")

On the geeky side:

"There are only 10 kinds of people in this world: those who know binary and those who don’t."

"Windows 95 is a 32 bit extension for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprocessor by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition."

"I will not be a lemming and follow the crowd over the cliff and into the C."

“There are only two kinds of programming languages: those people always bitch about and those nobody uses.”
-- Bjarne Stroustrup

"If I can get a mechanism which will make a current of electricity vary in its intensity, as the air varies in density when a sound is passing through it, I can telegraph any sound, even the sound of speech."
— Alexander Graham Bell

Time just keeps on going! Procrestinate now and slow it down a little!

"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing" - Hellen Keller

"May your earholes turn into a-holes and crap all over your face" - my former mother-in-law

Be yourself. The people who matter won't mind and those who mind don't matter. - Bernard Baruch

"Remember you're unique, just like everyone else."
--George Weisenheimer

Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.
--> Isaac Asimov (1920 - 1992)

We as a global society are increasingly dependent on science, yet increasingly ignorant of it.
-- Rolf Heuer

commented: TRUE THAT ! +0

"To understand recursion, you must first understand recursion."

Member Avatar for LastMitch

E: The entire British empire was built on cups of tea...

B: Yeah, and look what happened to that.

E: ...And if you think I'm going to war without one, mate, you're mistaken.

Love is friendship on fire.
-- The Perfect Man

Love is not a feeling, it's an ability.
-- Dan in Real Life

Once more into the fray
Into the last good fight I'll ever know
Live or die on this day
Live or die on this day

-- Ottway

"Never explain yourself. Your friends don’t need it and your enemies won’t believe it."
-- Belgicia Howell

There are two kinds of balls in this world. There are the big brave balls and then there are the little mincey fxggot balls.

-- Bullet Tooth Tony:

The First Rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
The Second Rule of Fight Club is: You do not talk about Fight Club.
Third Rule of Fight Club: someone yells stop, goes limp, taps out, the fight is over.
Fourth Rule : only two guys to a fight.
Fifth Rule: one fight at a time, fellas.
Sixth Rule: no shirts, no shoes.
Seventh Rule: fights will go on as long as they have to.
And the Eighth and Final Rule: if this is your first night at Fight Club, you have to fight.

-- Tyler Durden

I'm not mad, I'm proud of you. You took your first pinch like a man, and learned the two greatest things in life. Look at me. Never rat on your friends and always keep your mouth shut.

-- Jimmy Conway

Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
-- William Shakespeare

Expectation is the root of all heartache.
-- William Shakespeare

When I was born, the world was a far simpler place. It was all just cops and robbers.
But as some roman general once said: If you seek peace, plan for war.

-- XXXX

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.