I have not been a fan of the big G and I do not like their dictatorship all over Internet but now they have really the occasion to make a good move.

I can reconsider my personal opinion on the big G policy if they will close to Chinese government request also if this mean close the business in China.

Money is not all, profit is not all, business is not all…. human rights are far more important and this is the way thing can really change.

SNIP

Regards

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

>I can reconsider my personal opinion on the big G policy if they will close to
>Chinese government request also if this mean close the business in China.

You should send them an email. I'm sure that changing your personal opinion is a huge incentive for Google.

You really think that Google is doing this for human rights and not as a PR stunt? It'd be the perfect opportunity for them to pull out of China seeing as how they're at about 25-30% of the market behind Baidu at 60ish%, and they're not gaining any ground. They can just pull out and melt the public's hearts by claiming it to be on grounds of human rights, when it's just to increase their margins. Call me cynical, but I have trouble believing that Google is anywhere close to as ethical as they claim to be.

You should send them an email. I'm sure that changing your personal opinion is a huge incentive for Google.

maybe I should!

:D ;)

You really think that Google is doing this for human rights and not as a PR stunt? It'd be the perfect opportunity for them to pull out of China seeing as how they're at about 25-30% of the market behind Baidu at 60ish%

Sure you right.... also if is just business reason is better then before anyway ... just see the second video :) i post from youtube

Maybe Baidu's corruption of Chinese officials has finally succeeded in forcing Google out of that country.

It's really not Google vs China, but Google vs the Chinese search engine Baidu.

According to 2010 reports, Baidu will lock out an IP address for approximately 5 minutes if certain keywords are searched for, such as "google.blogspot.com"

tell us more about baidu

I understand it has been the Chinese government and their cronies (includes Baidu) that blatantly have been stealing Google technology that has Google upset!

yezzz its very clear that baidu is afraid of the new search engine to hit their country. So they plan a demolition job.

@sodabread: of course they will get a higher market, It would be a shame if google has high market over baidu having them 1st over google china to establish there. i bet if they start at the same time. i dont think they can dominate google.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.