I just bought an 22" flat screen crt monitor and it feels like im watching TV!! I really like it, less scrolling, but just wondering how big everyone else's monitors are.

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

I've got a 19" CRT and a 17" LCD :)

Two side-by-site 19" LCD's. I really like having the extra space to move something over into.

:drool: Dual 19 LCDs.... :)

If I dual monitors, the edging of the monitors would bother me. seems the dual 19" LCD's are popular these days.

I have a 19" LCD which has an actual viewable area of 19"; what's the viewable area on the 22" CRT?

I´ve got a 25¨ Nanao but quit using it because it took so much desk space. Can´t afford an LCD that size so I just split my work into five computers around my desk - feels sort of like a space capsule in here, sort of. Would sure like to have one of those dual screen jobs, though...

what´s the best setup overall? That is, if you were going out to purchase something...

Currently using a 21" CRT for my work PC and a 17" CRT for my games rig. I plan sometime soon to get a 19" LCD for the work rig and use it in tandem with the 17"CRT. The big CRT will be better suited to the gaming rig.

I have a 19" LCD which has an actual viewable area of 19"; what's the viewable area on the 22" CRT?

About 20~ inches depending on the maker.

Laptop screen is small, but I have another monitor I can hook it up to that's about 17 in(Not to mention my tv:)

Yea, the actual viewing area of my 22" is 20"...I feel I have gotten robbed 2" oh well, it still looks great.

I heard TV's do not make good computer monitors, never tried it, can, just never wanted to.

Yea, the actual viewing area of my 22" is 20"...I feel I have gotten robbed 2" oh well, it still looks great.

I heard TV's do not make good computer monitors, never tried it, can, just never wanted to.

So your 22" CRT has one more inch of viewable area then my 19" LCD, shall we compare desk space, portability, or power usage :)

TV's as monitors... reminds me of my old Commodore128 :)

Cant afford LCD, portability isnt an issue for me, I dont take my computer anywhere really.

I work on a 14" monitor ... and a 15" laptop.

Basic 17inc for me but it does the job :D

how di tell how big my monitor is? It says it was 17inch but its far bigger than any other 17s ive seen.

Apple 23" Cinima widescreen on a Mac!

didnt help. I just want to know how big mine is.

I have a 19" CRTs at work and home. You get great quality for your money, and the size is just right for me, you can still view the entire screen at once, without having to look left or right, and they block enough of your peripheral vision for media viewing.

Still would like the new Dell 24" flatscreen for work, and preferably two in a dual config. :)

Mine's 46x47x49 centimeters.
If you ask how big it is, that's the answer... ;)

The CRT diagonal is 19" which is probably what you were really interested in.
I'd love to have multiple highspeed flatscreens but they're just too expensive still if you want really good ones (and I'm done buying anything but the best, I expect my equipment to last).

My current monitor is a 15" CRT, I know I am poor

19" LCD alone for now, with the intention of adding another 19" CRT in the next month...

My dad asked me, 'Why?' to which i couldn't help but reply 'Why not?'

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.