Howdy folks,

Fall 2012 season has started airing! The final draft for the series to be aired can be found at the Neregate blog.

I'll be absolutely watching the following series:

The following look promising so I'll definitely try them out:

All in all, I think this season has to offer a lot of "looking good" anime. Let's see how it actually turns out.

So, what's caught your fancy? Don't be afraid of speaking up; I swear I won't call you an otaku. ;)

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun and Suki-tte Ii na yo are all I need to call this season a home run. Today is a good day for otaku deceptikon-kun. :)

Haha, I guess I can give them a try too. Since they are your recommendation, they better be good. ;0

Also I'm surprised that you are content with just two good shows when the entire season looks like a jackpot. :P

Also I'm surprised that you are content with just two good shows when the entire season looks like a jackpot. :P

These days I find myself having trouble keeping up with everything, so the shows I look for first are adaptations of manga I enjoyed. Those two are fantastic manga, and it would be difficult to mess them up unless they deviate completely from the original story.

I'm still waiting for W Juliet and Hana Kimi[1] though. One day, one day... ;D

Oh, and I've been reading Baby Steps recently. It's an excellent tennis manga that's more realistic so far than any of the others I've seen. I'm not sure how well an anime adaptation would work given the theory explanations, but the action would be better. ;)

[1] Hana Kimi had a live action adaptation, but it was total crap compared to the manga. The live action stuff tends to have a certain style that doesn't appeal to me.

These days I find myself having trouble keeping up with everything

Maybe you need more coffee? ;)

Oh, and I've been reading Baby Steps recently

Sports plus Romance. Reminds me a bit of Cross Game which was an exceptional adaptation. If it's anything like that, I'm sold. That said, Baby Steps has got super ratings on the manga sites. Must be interesting...

BTW, a lot of good animes are out today (K, Btooom, To Love Ru). Yay!

You might want to have a look at this site

Or AnimeCalendar. I guess there was a time when AniDB was the de-facto site for sifting through anime but given the introduction of MyAnimeList and its old interface, I'm not sure. Maybe it's just me. :)

It's actually my son who is the Anime pro of the family. I'll pass on your suggested site to him. Thanks.

Maybe you need more coffee? ;)

Heheh. Sadly, coffee has no apparent effect on me. That's why I can drink it like water.

Some early thoughts...

Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun: Exactly as expected, so far so good.

Suki-tte Ii na yo: The art seems off for the female protagonist, especially the early range of facial expressions that belie her initial personality. I'm also not a fan of the selected voice actor's portrayal at this point. It may grow on me, but I saw her more as the more deadpan and cold portrayal shown by the female protagonist of Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun. It's kind of a shame because out of the two this one is the one I was most keen to see, but it's still early.

My son said to ask if you've heard of (or seen) Wolfen Spice.

My son said to ask if you've heard of (or seen) Wolfen Spice.

Yes indeed, assuming he means Spice & Wolf. Both seasons are excellent, but kind of heady if you try to follow the merchant explanations. ;)

That's the one. We just watched Redline. The resolution on the video was 1864x1048. No plot, lots of action and I can't believe it was animated by hand.

but kind of heady if you try to follow the merchant explanations

I thought the explanations in Spice and Wolf were the hardest to follow until I came across Horizon in the middle of nowhere. Oh, and while we are at it, bonus points for following the background narration of The Tatami Galaxy without pausing the video. That anime has pretty much the "fastest" narration I have ever seen though that's just one of the points that makes it a good/unique anime. :)

Member Avatar for iamthwee

I saw an anime movie just recently about a girl who can skip through time(cant remember the name). It was OK but no way near as good as valley of the winds.

I really need to get caught up on Anime, and Manga. I used to spend 100's of $ on Manga (per month)! Was really awesome and I need to start watching again.

I guess with To Love Ru out, theres no better time but the [present]!

I guess with To Love Ru out, theres no better time but the [present]!

Unfortunately, the To Love Ru Darkness episodes aired have some sort of stupid censorship (light beams) which makes viewing not so much fun (constant visual interruptions). Plus there is no ATX broadcast for this which implies no "normal" episode before the BD comes out. This is the reason why I have put TLRD is on hold till the BD's come out.

Yeah, censorship sucks. Stupid japanese government. :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.