I've always wanted a TechTalk quote thread. Just put really funny quotes in here - try to keep them on computers!

Here's my first:

Cargill's Law: The first 90% of the code accounts for the first 90% of the development time. The remaining 10% of the code accounts for the other 90% of the development time.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

I want to move to theory. Everything works in theory.

The command line *is* the front line.

The command line *is* the front line.

"185kbs ought to be enough" -Bill Gates 1989

Less is better than more

Because we all know the *nix text viewer "more" only scrolls downwards, while the *nix text viewer "less" lets us scroll up and down, thus making less better than more.

Because we all know the *nix text viewer "more" only scrolls downwards, while the *nix text viewer "less" lets us scroll up and down, thus making less better than more.

I feel like I am a stupider person for reading that. ::grins::

"Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana."

This has been used to test natural-language parsing programs.

I have always wished for a computer that would be as easy to use as my telephone. My wish came true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

--Stronstrup, Bjarne

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning." - Richard Cook

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.