Jews & Christians should seek those passages in Bible that hint the destruction of USA by an asteroid/comet. Muslims should seek their Prophecies too regarding the subject. As all 3 Religions confirm this.
Even though Europe falls in 2026. Usa might survive. Only to fall to the asteroid. When that will happen, I have not managed to gather the date. But European Civilisations falls in 2026.

Each of you people from the major 3 Religions do your own home-work, if you care for Europe & Americas continents. I do.
I got php home-work to do. Got to make use of the AI chats (ChatGpt & alternatives) to help me finish my php projects and teach me php where I am stuck where I am getting no help in forums.
I have given you a head-start or something to continue with in these 2 threads. I gave you nearly all the infos I gathered in the last 2 decades.

I will temporarily not be active in this thread due to my php work piling up.
Others may continue this thread regarding End Time Prophecies (destruction of certain nations & civilizations) based on Religious Scriptures without attacking the religions doctrines, dogmas as these 3 are not on investigation here but the End Time Prophecies.
I look forward to return back here once my php projects are complete.
In the meantime, others do continue ...

The Bible is the source of the Jews & Christians and Qur'aan & Hadeeths are the source of the Muslims.
The Bible is claimed to be words of men inspired by God.
The Qur'aan is claimed to be the words of God. Word for Word.
The hadeeths are reports that report the sayings & activities of Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
Muslim Scholars mostly use the Hadeeths mentioned in this book Kitaabul Fitan (Book of Tribulations). I have not read it but glossed over it a little. You can find it here:
https://ia601505.us.archive.org/3/items/kitaab-al-fitan/book.pdf#page=2

claiming contradictions in it and moving off topic from the End Time Prophcies. This is what andreRet is referring to as an attack on a Religion.

I started out showing how the prophesies were extremely vague, and according to what I agreed were sensible criteria for determining the validity of a prophecy, I pointed out how they failed to live up to reasonableness.

Pointing out inconsistencies in the Quran is not an attack on a religion. As I said, pointing out that when a math book claims 2 + 2 = 4 is not an attack on mathematics. It is simply pointing out that the book is incorrect. Pointing out inaccuracies and contradictions in the Quran (or any other religious text) does not invalidate that religion. It merely points out that the book got it wrong. If you claim that the Quran is the perfect word of Allah and therefore infallible then I think I can quite rightly ask you how you can justify that.

In any case, with the vagueness of the prophecies I don't think I'll be running for cover anytime soon.

I have gathered, even though Reverend Jim has not stated he is not a Muslim, that he is a Christian and maybe a Protestant. His Username says it all.

Actually I am a dyed in the wool atheist. I don't have any use for any particular religion. You are free to believe whatever you like as long as you don't try to force those beliefs on me (for the record, you have not). The Reverend Jim name is an homage to the character Jim Ignatowski from the TV show Taxi (also known as Reverend Jim). R J are also my first and middle initials.

I think Reverend Jim got offended when I hinted Russia will be victor.

I certainly was not offended. I don't get offended when someone disagrees with me. I think in a nuclear war there will be no victors.

I do get passionate when I argue and it was not my intention to say the prophecies were false. What I tried to get across is that I believe they are so vague that they are useless as prophecies.

The above was something similar to my original statement in my own thread, (which frightened Reverend Jim to open this new thread over here)

Actually, I started this thread when the crypto thread got derailed. I do not appreciate being described as "frightened" though. What we discussed will either happen or it will not. I was frightened when in 2009 I was told I had cancer (fortunately a very slow growing kind). Since then I have decided that it will do what it will do and I'm doing all I can do to delay the inevitable. Same attitude with the s**t show in Ukraine and the Middle East. There's nothing I can do about it so I'm not going to worry about it.

In the mean time, good luck with the PHP. I've enjoyed your input.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.