I got 27. While I'm not completely devoid of feelings and empathy, I'm not exactly Mother Teresa either. I've always known that there's something off about my personality, and many people who I know have pointed out my cruelness and impulsiveness. I'm definitely not a psychopath though because I lack the superficial charm and finesse and I suck at trying to sweet talk people. I'm much too reserved and shy to ever act overtly sexual towards someone or to try and use them to flatter my ego, so I've never bern in a relationship before. I am totally unable to sympathize with most people and I pretty much hate everyone. I am fairly good at lying, and I do get bored easily and I'm very impulsive. Plus I'm prone to making crude and offensive jokes that enrage people, and I am slightly vain and arrogant, I mean hellooo, I've just typed up this huge paragraph about myself.

The point is, I obviously have some sort of personality disorder, but I'm not fully psychopathic. Everyone, no matter how much you lie to yourself, has some of these antisocial characteristics. I'm a bleeding heart liberal who believes in pacifism and altruism. Yet in my personal life, I'm extremely callous and lack morality. Love is just an empty word to me. I'm fascinated by serial killers, murderers, criminals and just evil people and things in general. I have an apalling sadistic streak that screws up all my interpersonal relationships. Schadenfreude is my game. There's something wrong with me, but it's not psychopathy.. Maybe some people are just complete assholes....!

36... well then :/

My sister got a 37. She is a stalker, blackmailer, physical abuser etc. of me, my husband and both our families, we can't even get a restraining order served on her or police to investigate her crimes because she lies so much. She hates me though, that's for sure.

Alia Rose: you sound like you may have narcissistic personality disorder, maybe also some antisocial P.D. My sister has those two for sure, but perhaps also some borderline thrown in. The thing to understand re: personality disorders, you can have a mild case or more severe case. My sister's p.d.'s are severe.

Damn i got 17 i mean only 3 things do not describe me :D well that`s good i am special ;D

Dont know am i psychopath but i am sure that im a sociopath (there is a diferense) my doctor was right :D in my case i do not think that im superior i nany way or arogant etc but i do care for only 4 or 5 people in my life specially about 1 to be honest i do not care for others am i good no am i bad yes am i evil no yes there was many "bad" things in my life i messed up every relationship and till this day i blame them altough i blame my self i hate my self but i hate 99percent of the human population to when i love someone i love that person with my all hart or whats left of it remeber people psychopaths and sociopaths are not born they are made of course there is other kind of psychopaths the ones that were worshiped from the young age and everything was given to them you know like kim kardashian or paris hilton or as i like to call them COWARD psychopaths :D and there are others who were molested in a every way of the word who been through hell and they will die and go to hell when they die tell me something doctor when a kid (not me) altough i was in the same "institution" a 10 year old kid gets sent in to a mental institution becouse he threw a tv remote on his sister and then he is molested by the people that soupose to be "threating him" ir in fact in my case a almost 30 year old man who was raised in a war zone and after the war the real suffering came in the 30 years of my life almost 30 society took a piece of my hart piece by piece by piece by piece and after 30 years they are asking me "what the hell is wrong with you" hm yes i tryed to commit a murder when i was 16 i stole i used every drug known to man i robed you know why not becouse i am "superior" but why not i am vendictive yes i have nothing to loose anymore is it my fault please tell me that becouse i do not think so do i have empathy of course i do but only to the ones that deserve it i can be a best friend or a worst enemy it`s up to others to decide what ...

A psychopath won't even be honest with him/herself, so why would this test be valid as a 'self test'? It can only truly be used as an evaluation tool by an outsider. I know at least 2 psychopaths and neither of them understands that they're psychopaths.

I live with a diagnosed psychopath. If you took this test and you are a psychopath you won't find out through self diagnosis and it was pure F'ing H E L L getting my partner in to see a therapist. Plus, it didn't work. The only thing that works is clear boundaries and absolute consequences or gtfo. Truly.

7pts?

Seby1, that's what I'm talkin about.

and coping, too true.

mikivtc, I recommend you get with the punctuation program. It might help you organize your thoughts.

so my husband thinks I'm a pathological liar so he took the test and answered it about me and according to him I get a 33. I disagree I only scored myself at 28

“I always said that if I wasn’t studying psychopaths in prison, I’d do it at the stock exchange.” – Robert Hare, creator of the Hare Psychopathy Checklist

mikivtc, if what you say is true, you're not a psychopath or a sociopath.

I scored a 4, mostly because I suffer from depression. I'm a foster parent (I don't think you can be a decent foster parent and be a psycho-or-sociopath. You have to have empathy, responsibility, etc.) and I took this test for the boy currently in my care who is frightening. I only got a 28 for him. But then I looked up the differences between psychopath and sociopath and he has every trait of the latter. All of the things that didn't fit him on this inventory are things from the psychopath side or because he's too young. He is very controlled and calculating in the horrors he does. He's still a teen so he can't be diagnosed yet. But he also has every trait of Narcissitic Personality Disorder. He's a mess.

When I took it for my (foster) daughter, who is now 20, I got a 37. She's not either, though, because she does have empathy, just not when it affects her own desires and needs. All of the traits are from a combination of Reactive Attachment Disorder (which a lot of sociopaths have), Borderline Personality Disorder, PTSD, early abuse and neglect, low self esteem about everything but her looks, and having been born drug affected. She, too, is a mess.

Dang, 27! Guess my husband was right abit me.

I scored 22 on one test and 31 on another.

:D

I always score 8 when I self-administer the Hare Psychopathy Checklist. Not surprising. I have Asperger's, which cannot coexist with psychopathy. Autism Spectrum Disorders are opposite neural conditions to it.

15 only

My son is 19 and has all of the traits except the multiple marriage one.
It's impossible to get him help. He thinks he is fine....we are broken.

I got a 25.
I'm pretty sure I got the highest score here. None of you are psychopaths anyways, probably just punks who are emotionally confused.

commented: takes one to know one +0

Scored 22. 41 year old male, four Army deployments, two in combat, never been to jail.

Oops!! I got a score of 2.

I scored 34.
I'm 22 year young male, optician, nonaggressive HUMAN BEING. I'd prefer not to be lumped into the sum of serial murderers or rapists. I am an extremely bright individual and well liked by everyone around me. I enjoy networking and creating new friends.
I have not officially been diagnosed as a person with ASPD but I have fit the criteria for a while now. In retrospect, 'symptoms' have gotten more and more prevalent throughout the past two years, especially. However, I do what I can to stay out of trouble but it always seems to find me.
I've always been an exclusive person; allowing very few people into my close knit circle of friends. I have always had this ability to know what someone's intentions are. I let people in based on what I learn from that person, where they want to head in their life and how they plan on getting there.

IN RESPONSE TO @FXXKYOU
you think other people are saying they have psychopathic traits and yet you didn't even take the time do your minimal research and discover no one scored high at all. If anyone is a punk it is you, I know this easily by the following factors:

~You bragged about you scoring the highest (this is not a comptetion, ignoramous, this is a post for people to learn about ASPD, sociopathy, and psychopathy

~You clearly aren't intelligent enough to be a psych/sociopath because you couldn't even take the time to read all of the comments aside from skimming to read the numbers of others' scores (if you were a psych/sociopath you'd already be inprisioned for a petty crime over minimal drama

~a simple technique in psychology known as "projecting" (I'll leave you to do the research on that, yourself. If you're even smart enough to know how to research a topic without using WikiPedia)

commented: I scored a 35. I'm a 21 year old female and have fit the criteria for quite a while too. My parents are just now calling me "detached." Any advice? +0

I'm really puzzled where did most of you get the test!

500 is an impossible answer to this thread

commented: Yeah, but psychopaths lie. +0
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.