Hey, I love the NBA and NCAA basketball, and I was wondering if anyone watches it or is even remotely familiar with it?Favorite team,favorite player?Just say what you think.

Recommended Answers

All 33 Replies

haha.. I guess this is a nerdy forum, so most people may not be familliar with it.. but hell yea dude.. I love basketball. The playoffs are sweet, but I'd rather watch college b-ball than anything else. I entered in that NCAA basketball playoff bracket on facebook, and did relatively well.. I was like 70% or so..

I love football even more though (uh, American football to all you brits out there ;)) Every Sunday night I'm watching football! Haha, this year I didn't even go to school the Monday after the super bowl b/c I consider it a holiday! :)

NBA. But I agree with Josh, I like watching college sports the most.

I like both college and pro basketball. I grew up in Lexington KY while Adolph Rupp was still coaching at UK. Under Rudds leadership UK won 27 south eastern conferences and won 4 NCAA championships. In 1966 I watched "Rupp's Runts" go to the NCAA championship game where they lost. The tallest starter on that team was 6' 5". Some of you will recognize one of those players, that would be Pat Riley head coach of the Miami Heat.

Sports are pretty stupid in my opinion.....

haha.. why is that? They're fun to play.. and even more fun to watch..

The only sport I play is fencing. Its pretty fun.... I meant paid sports. I just think our societies devotion to sports hampers our academic ability.

Oh, damn I know.. athletes get paid way too much.. They are all dumbasses who graduate from college with some bs major like sociology or family planning, and they go on to make more money than doctors, who spend 12-15 years in college.. That doesn't really sound right to me..

I like the WNBA :P

Hey Just a question for you americans. Im curious who won the world cup of baseball last year and who did they beat.

world cup? lol.. world series, you mean (damn soccer). Cardinals won in 5 games vs. the Tigers

It's called the world series, and the St. Louis Cardinals won by defeating the Detroit Tigers four games to one.

Thats what I just said..

Holy cow the Cavs/Pistons game tonight. Being a Cleveland fan I will have a heart attack before I am 30.

world cup? lol.. world series, you mean (damn soccer). Cardinals won in 5 games vs. the Tigers

Lol i wouldn't know what they call it. I was just having a go at Americans in that its the World Series and yet the only people ever really in it are the Americans.

Lol i wouldn't know what they call it. I was just having a go at Americans in that its the World Series and yet the only people ever really in it are the Americans.

I don't know, I think there are almost more Cubans than Americans in baseball :)

Was acctually talking more about the teams. Their almost all americans teams that enter and its always an american team that wins therefore they should call it the american series of baseball

I know you what you meant, i was just joking.

Yeah. Im an aussie so for all i knew you could have been telling the truth about the cubans. Although i did think it a little strange as america does not like cubans... must be because they do things so much better then them

haha.. no, it's b/c they're so poor, and they invade our country illegally like the mexicans (no offense to anyone, but it is the truth)

As for the world series.. it actually is the world series.. If you yall wanted to participate in it, I'm sure they would let you!

Depends on how worried the americans were that we might beat them i suppose :P

lol.. please do, I hate baseball. I love football the most.. then basketball.

Man,basketball is the bomb.too bad the mavs lost in 1st round.happy colts won.sad that the pirates aren't too great now.The WNBA is all right, but I just think that they play like it is a pick up game in my school gym because they only score around 70 a game.

omfg I know.. Dallas pissed me off last year.. then again this year.. :( Just a disappointment to us mav fans..

hopefully Dirk will become a clutch player, and they will win the finals sometime.But, I'm hoping that Cleveland will win the title this year, because the spurs piss me off how they seem to be egotistical, and ginobili and oberto seem like they play amazing every night, and I hope that james wins.

They should both be prohibited from getting governments to build stadiums for them. What a waste of tax money!

hey,dallas is over rated, even though it pains me to say it, but they just end up choking it out in the playoffs.Cleveland is just going to lose in 5 games. :(

commented: Mavs numba one!! +9

damn spurs are whoopn some a$$ in game 2.. The series might end at 4-zip lol ;)

Hey, if the Mavs can't win it, I'd rather it be the Spurs.. they're from Texas too! :)

Yeah, how about the Houston Rockets winning the title.That would make hakeem and clyde proud huh?

The nba is such a joke. The refs will not call a foul on the spurs when the spurs do it on purpose.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.