instead of having C#, VB.NET forums let's have one with windows client, as server we already have asp.net forum, and then let's have one with windows mobile development.

i develop mobile applications for windows mobile OS and it is sad that we dont have a dedicated forum for mobile devices.

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

New forums aren't created unless there's an observed demand for them in the other existing forums. Just because you have a new fetish with mobile programming doesn't mean we're going to modify our forum structure to cater to your needs. For what it's worth, the current setup works fine. 'K, thx, bye.

Would it include abacus computing?

come on guys, we dont have mobile development forum.
we need it dont you see?
you two just dont like me because of Narue related posts, ok i stopped it, it is time for you to start to love me.

>we need it dont you see?
Show me ten "mobile development" threads created here within the last week and I'll believe you.

I agree we need an MS-Windows programming forum because there are lots of win32 api questions. But in all the time I have been here I don't recall ever having a mobile device question, although I might have missed it.

people dont ask a mobile device question because they dont expect to get an answer.
i dont ask mobile device question in expectation of getting an answer. i ask the question and usually answer it my own later after doing some research and contemplation. there are two motivations for me to do that.
1) it creates an index where many users can come across to daniweb to see the answer to that question, which helps seeing the member number increase on each page refresh(i believe that i contribute to that a lot seeing the number of views on my threads, as well as the emails that i get from the members saying that they asked the same question)
2) it is a good thing to be able to trace your learning history when you go through your own problems and successfull answers to them. And last but not least, the way i ask the question is my own way of using english. i speak this language as second language, so many people, although not proper, use this language similar to the way i do, which provides some customization of english. i think it makes a pattern after a while. and i think having people see that question the way it is for 10 000 times makes me happy.

>we need it dont you see?
Show me ten "mobile development" threads created here within the last week and I'll believe you.

look at the c# forum, only i by myself asked maybe 30 question related to mobile applications.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.