Written by paperkool aka Glen Jon

You can make money with forums. The hidden element that search engines feed upon is forums. You can be part of an internet strong hold, when you submit. Your comments and articles can actively serve as food to millions of searches. Inquisitive prospects constantly make searches for all sorts of things. It’s not difficult to submit to hundreds, when you use an organized plan. The idea here is to create a data base. Your data will be your list of active forum’s . First become a member. Become a member of forums you have interest in. This way it will be easy to make comments on things you care about. Becoming a member of forums is somewhat like owning shares in cyber real estate. I consider them a small pieces of cyber space. Most of them use the same format. This makes it a easy to fill in the fields as rapidly as possible.

Having your own website is useful. You can direct forum participants to your website or affiliate link. That whole process is some what a soft sale. You may ask “how do I get viewers to go to my website or affiliate link?” Here’s how. Forums and email usually allow what is known as a “signature line.” This is where members, when posting or making comments, put their link. You’ll typically see an article and at the bottom there’ll be one or two short lines of text that are actually links leading to what ever the writer is promoting. A percentage of viewers will read your article or comment. Another percentage of readers will click your link ,out of curiosity. This may sound far fetched, if you are not accustom to the concept however, signature links have proven their value consistently. Forum signatures get clicks. Signature clicks are so powerful that forum owners regard them as a privilege, to forum members. Some forum owners protect and guard that privilege carefully.

It’s a privilege indeed to have a signature link. Owner or managers are usually called “moderators .” A moderator will usually monitor a forum participation. Some moderators will allow you to have a signature link only if you post, at least 10 or more relevant comments. Other moderators don’t care and will allow participants to have a signature link immediately, after registration. The said purpose of restricting signatures is to control spam. Your forum marketing mission is to constantly make “relevant” comments and submit to at least 500 forums. This will get you an enormous amount of traffic as well as build back links, to you that stay up on the web for years. The back links will ultimately give you a higher rating on search engines. A high score on search engines combined with your link being viewable to thousands, perhaps millions of forum members is a great reason to get involved. You can start with two or three forums. Then eventually expand to hundreds and beyond. Remember relevancy is important, when you post. Make sure your comments and posts are relevant to what the forum topic is. Do not post irrelevant material because you will be banned. Forum members especially moderators are sensitive .

Recommended Answers

All 35 Replies

great article. Well, Forum signatures are great way in driving traffic and backlink to your site. In terms making money directly form forum signatures. you could just sell your forum sigs in monthly rates.

Do not post irrelevant material because you will be banned. Forum members especially moderators are sensitive .

Quite correct. If the intention is to solely spam one's signature, one will not last long at all.

Some forums do not allow for signatures - and you jeopardize your membership if you get caught, even once, with a spammy signature. Sometimes it works, sometimes it does not. Do keep that in mind.

Yeah it can make money i am agree with you but i always get confused whenever i see no follow links in forums post, what about them, are they can make money?

Of course all forums do not allow signatures. I find the ones that don't signatures a waste of time. Sometimes I'll enter my URL in my profile, but most of the time I just move on, if they don't allow signatures. You can't be everyones friend. Know what you're looking for and deal with it. I go for the throat, so to speak. I imediately look for the signature. It's cold blooded, but it's today's marketing.

Of course all forums do not allow signatures. I find the ones that don't signatures a waste of time. Sometimes I'll enter my URL in my profile, but most of the time I just move on, if they don't allow signatures. You can't be everyones friend. Know what you're looking for and deal with it. I go for the throat, so to speak. I imediately look for the signature. It's cold blooded, but it's today's marketing.

Your attitude is atypical of a sig spammer, IMO. Looking for a free ride without actually contributing anything. You rely on the generosity of strangers in an attempt to get rich. What do you give in return?

Our attitude manage this forum preparation also selling it for a reasonable price.The entire process of the forum marketing can create money with fame.So the total initiative towards this forum will bring a good knowledge about various topic also money.

Our attitude manage this forum preparation also selling it for a reasonable price.The entire process of the forum marketing can create money with fame.So the total initiative towards this forum will bring a good knowledge about various topic also money.

Can you translate that into English please?

Good article here thanks for sharing :)

Written by paperkool aka Glen Jon

You can make money with forums. The hidden element that search engines feed upon is forums. You can be part of an internet strong hold, when you submit. Your comments and articles can actively serve as food to millions of searches. Inquisitive prospects constantly make searches for all sorts of things. It’s not difficult to submit to hundreds, when you use an organized plan. The idea here is to create a data base. Your data will be your list of active forum’s . First become a member. Become a member of forums you have interest in. This way it will be easy to make comments on things you care about. Becoming a member of forums is somewhat like owning shares in cyber real estate. I consider them a small pieces of cyber space. Most of them use the same format. This makes it a easy to fill in the fields as rapidly as possible.

Having your own website is useful. You can direct forum participants to your website or affiliate link. That whole process is some what a soft sale. You may ask “how do I get viewers to go to my website or affiliate link?” Here’s how. Forums and email usually allow what is known as a “signature line.” This is where members, when posting or making comments, put their link. You’ll typically see an article and at the bottom there’ll be one or two short lines of text that are actually links leading to what ever the writer is promoting. A percentage of viewers will read your article or comment. Another percentage of readers will click your link ,out of curiosity. This may sound far fetched, if you are not accustom to the concept however, signature links have proven their value consistently. Forum signatures get clicks. Signature clicks are so powerful that forum owners regard them as a privilege, to forum members. Some forum owners protect and guard that privilege carefully.

It’s a privilege indeed to have a signature link. Owner or managers are usually called “moderators .” A moderator will usually monitor a forum participation. Some moderators will allow you to have a signature link only if you post, at least 10 or more relevant comments. Other moderators don’t care and will allow participants to have a signature link immediately, after registration. The said purpose of restricting signatures is to control spam. Your forum marketing mission is to constantly make “relevant” comments and submit to at least 500 forums. This will get you an enormous amount of traffic as well as build back links, to you that stay up on the web for years. The back links will ultimately give you a higher rating on search engines. A high score on search engines combined with your link being viewable to thousands, perhaps millions of forum members is a great reason to get involved. You can start with two or three forums. Then eventually expand to hundreds and beyond. Remember relevancy is important, when you post. Make sure your comments and posts are relevant to what the forum topic is. Do not post irrelevant material because you will be banned. Forum members especially moderators are sensitive .

Signatures on the Forum show the designation of the person in any company or Firm.It is hyper linked to a site describing the occupation of the person as well as his association with the Company.Upon seeing the signatures many a times people get fascinated with the post of person and thus this automatically increases the interest of the person in that site.

This post shows the importance of signature on the forums..It is quite right that many people when see the signature, click on that out of curiosity.Since the signature is hyper-linked,it provides the information about the post of that person and the company.This increases the traffic for the site of the Company.No matter what you comment unless it is impressive. If signature is there, it redirects the viewer to the site if he click once.:)

Forum posting is good to do both thing, one for backlinks & second for reputation in community. In view of SEO do follow forums are better to get noted backlinks by search engines.

Forum posting is good to do both thing, one for backlinks & second for reputation in community. In view of SEO do follow forums are better to get noted backlinks by search engines.

I really feel that a site with signature upon it and the one without it find a huge difference in the number of visitors on their site.The presence of signature provokes the visitor to know more about the site as well as its owner ,giving advantage to the the forum site.
Thanks.

that is right
i alwasy sell my forum signatures to my custmers

The original article was quite good - though how anyone could keep up with 500 forums I'm not so sure..?

I've made thousands of dollars via forum sigs; they certainly can work, IF you build up a decent reputation and provide useful content on a regular basis.

I just can't see how you could do that with 500 different forums?

AC

Yes, forum signatures do help but it is usually a good short term option rather than a long term option, unless you constantly update your comments and contribute to the community.

I just can't see how you could do that with 500 different forums?
AC

Yea.. there's now way.. unless you hire a team to contribute on your behalf or deploy a bot to spam those forums.. but a) i can't imagine there would be much ROI on that endeavor and b) the posted content will severely lack quality and authenticity and ultimately damage your brand or get you blacklisted.

Thanks folks, really great article, but to be honest, I dont really think that you can easily make money using only forum signatures.

I doubt you can make money with forums posting.this day many webmaster irritate with so many forums poster that only posting their post using xrumer and degrade their forums value infront of Google SERPS

a good place to promote a business, are forums, indeed. you are right with the post,nice posted!

I don't think having a link in a signature gives you money, it may give you some extra traffic which normally bumps up your bounce rate but apart from that it is just about building relationships with other forum members.

I don't come on here often because I have mainly one or two other favourites but how someone could keep up with many more is a little beyond me. It must say that somebody out there makes money from them.

nice information
thx for sharing with us!

commented: thanks for sharing :icon_rolleyes: -1

I like the informative posts and your post is one of them.

Thanks for sharing

commented: thanks for sharing :icon_rolleyes: -1
commented: spam -2

Very useful and easily written to understand how forum signature works. Many thanks to you!

I 'm sure that forum signatures do generate traffic to a website. My question is: Is it worth the time?

I could very well be spending that time with other productive tasks. The question is, what's more productive?

you are absolutely right. Forum signature is a great way to gain back links

Sometimes some forum show signatures but after sometime they remove that signatures this effects your promotion.

It also depends if the forum allows no follow or follow. Very important.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.