It was brought to my attention that Announcements like We only give homework help to those who show effort link does not work for some people. For example javaAddict in this post. However I don't have such problem

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

I get the same restriction. It's too bad because that is a useful link.

jonsca, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Not that I'm adding much to this but I don't seem to have access to that post either with the same error as jonsca.

Peter: you don't get the error because as a moderator you have access to that link. We normal humans don't.

I give out that link on a semi-regular basis and this is the first time that I hear that it's only accessible to Mods... :( So apperantly something has changed, because back in the days when I still was a "normal humans" (thanks AD..) I could read the announcements. Maybe something happened when the site turned purple?

That is the point Nick. We often use this link, but just recently I was told by user that it is not working...
Guess Dani needs to check access rights for that page

>> That is the point Nick

I know. I was just being disappointed :)

Hi,

It looks as if the reason only moderators currently have access was because the announcement was set to expire last month. vBulletin requires that an end-date be set for all announcements. Because this one was created back in 2004, at the time the year 2010 seemed so distantly far into the future.

I will go ahead and fix.

thank you

Should be fixed.

Link Works for me now, so... short of there being some issue between donating vs. non-donating members it should be visible to all :twisted:

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.