I know I'm not the most regular user around, but I don't think I can make this in time.

message.png

Anyways, I love the changes, keep it up!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Haha has it b een that long since you logged in? :)

No that's why I was surprised to see it in my alerts. I think it has been 6 months. Had a little hickup logging back in with the new system, but all is good now.

Edit:
I think it was just the convo history and that the real alert was for a message from a month ago.

Same here, getting messages dating back 10+ years crashing over my screen all the time.
Doubt that's the intent...

Just keep pressing the little X a bunch of times in a row until they are all cleared out. I'm not sure what went wrong, but apparently something went wrong in the migration script that was supposed to preserve mark as read status :(

yes, did that. And that 'bunch of times' ended up being well over a hundred...

Just keep pressing the little X a bunch of times in a row until they are all cleared out.

Yeah, clicking the X 300 times with a couple second wait between each popup is a good way to say "you need to log out and never come back". ;) We need a convenient way to mark all messages as read.

commented: I suggested this a long while back. Too painful +0

I think it only affected a small handful of mods though.

The thing about code is that it allows you to automate highly repetitive and mindless tasks so that you don't have to do them manually. Repeatedly clickling the same control seems to be a good example of that.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.