I see a +0 next to post comments. Thought this was supposed to be votable. Nothing happens on tapping. BTW on Android. Also when I entered a comment and then decided to edit it, the original text did not show up in the edit box. So made me think I wS posting a new additional comment. Meaning I lost it and had to enter a comment for the third time!

Also why does edit post appear as an option when I clearly don't have the right to alter somebody else's post?

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

When you see a single number with a +/- sign in front of it, that means it's just a tally of all up and down votes the post has received. When you see two buttons next to each other, one with a thumbs up and a number next to it, and one with a thumbs down and a number next to it, those are the buttons you can use to vote. You can vote anytime you see a post's contents, such as from the Latest Posts page.

Also when I entered a comment and then decided to edit it, the original text did not show up in the edit box.

I can see how this can be confusing behavior. I'll see if I can improve the UI here.

Also why does edit post appear as an option when I clearly don't have the right to alter somebody else's post?

I'll look into this. Can you give me an example of where you're seeing it, and what happens when you click the button?

This should be fixed now.

Yes. Nice one Dani :)

When you see a single number with a +/- sign in front of it, that means it's just a tally of all up and down votes the post has received.

I don't understand. On the desktop I see a tooltip saying Rep Points on the post comments when I mouseover. Obviously on Android, I see nothing. I dont understand the tally.
Maybe I'm being stupid.

Oh, sorry, I thought you were referring to the forum listing page, where if you hover over it sais "Tallied Votes".

What you're referring to are post comments, along with how many reputation points have been added or subtracted to the poster's reputation as a result of making the comment.

commented: I'm actually talking about this thing - why is there a +0 at the end of this? Are we supposed to be able to vote on these comments like SO? +0

See comment above

Yes, as mentioned in my previous post, it’s how many points my reputation has changed as a result of you commenting and voting on my post. It’s not a button.

So why are they all +0? Is it because it's the community forum?

Yes.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.