https://www.daniweb.com/community-center/say-hello/threads/522867/hi-everyone-i-m-ianwallace79#post2261822 gets me the following:
allwhite.png

This looks like new behavior to me. Happenned in Opera, Chrome and Firefox. Yes I can scroll back up. This is simply an observe and report, report.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

What do you consider new behavior? What isn't working as expected? I'm unable to tell what you're referring to from the screenshot.

Are you referring to the list of Related Topics increasing from 15 to 20 a few weeks ago? That might make the sidebar look longer than the main content on some short threads.

It's all that space from the top left under the Like and Tweet down to the Reply button.

In the past when I clicked on the reply link from https://www.daniweb.com/articles/latest to get to the last/latest I would read the reply. This time I have to scroll. That is new behavior to me.

If you feel this is fine, mark this solved. I find it odd and report it in case you know what you did there.

Sorry, I think I might be misunderstanding, because I'm not understanding what behavior you believe has changed.

Scroll which direction? It appears as if you've scrolled past the posts on the page. What are you expecting to see that isn't there?

I did not scroll at all. I clicked and this is what is displayed. As it happened in three browsers and you appear to have been pulling the threads I report this and hope you know what is going on.

This is an odd thing to me to see as when I click on the link I expect the reply to show up and not have to scroll up to read it. Sorry but I didn't test on mobile.

Oh I see what you’re saying. You’re saying that you were expecting the page to jump to the last post upon page load but instead it jumped too far down.

I’m still in bed now but I’ll check this out later today.

Thanks again for all this work. And I got the saying wrong above. I meant "pulling the strings."

I haven't tested it on other discussions and browsers but on the first try I now see the reply that the link was intending to show. I'll test it more today and mark solved later.

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.