I am looking for some feedback on the new navigation bar in our header. How does it compare to the old?

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

/me likes it!

Much more compatible with Linux/Firebird (before I couldn't use the search).

I am aware that there are some problems with Linux/Firebird and the dropdown menus. I am working on debugging this. May I ask what used to happen when you previously clicked the Search link?

I am aware that there are some problems with Linux/Firebird and the dropdown menus. I am working on debugging this. May I ask what used to happen when you previously clicked the Search link?

Nothing at all the link failed to perform any action at all, this happened with:

SuSE 9.0 (Kernel 2.4.20) + Firebird 0.7 and 0.8
Gentoo 1.4 (Kernel 2.4.22) + Firebird 0.7 and 0.8

HTH
Ben

It would be really great if you could do this to help me out. In Firefox, could you go to Tools > JavaScript Console

Are there any error messages regarding to www.daniweb.com showing in the console?

Please note that I have found some people who are having this problem while others who are able to use Firefox in Linux w/ no probs.

Sorry it took so long to reply I have been install freebsd and haven't had a chance to boot to linux.

Okay whenever I attempt to click on a search that is supposed to popup the layer with the search textbox, it fails with no explaination, on checking the javascript console, there is no explaination please note it isn't just the search button, thread tools, rate thread, search thread, display modes all display the same behaviour.

This is the specs:
Linux neo 2.4.21-215-athlon #1 Tue Apr 27 00:53:38 UTC 2004 i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Mozilla Firebird 0.6.1+

HTH
Ben

Have you ever tried using Firebird 0.8? I am relaying all of the information you give me to the vBulletin forum software staff, and they are telling me that the DHTML and JavaScript was designed for a minimum of FireBird 0.7/0.8

Okay months later I have finally got around to reinstalling my OS and I included firefox 0.8 it works perfectly with the bar.

Thanks
Ben

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.