PetuniaRose 13 Light Poster

So - after spending quite a few hours enjoying the site, I joined - and promptly made one of the classic "newbie" mistakes! I answered a question before I had seen the other answers - please forgive! It won't happen again! :(

I am very old and currently trying to learn Python so that I can script the GIS software that I'm using for a geography/demography project that I'm working on - doing the exact same thing gazillions of times with Census Bureau files leaves me cross-eyed. The (many) Python posts I've looked at have been helpful and will probably be more helpful when I've become more familiar with the language.

I've worked in software development and accounting, home-schooled my kid through grade school, and am currently tutoring folks who are trying to get their GEDs in arithmetic and reading. Small ad: I'm not getting paid for the tutoring; it's volunteer. If anyone out there is looking for a way to contribute, there's a need for tutors in ESL and all high-school subject areas just about everywhere!

Peace!