hello :cheesy:

Im Carl, im a 25 yr old sys admin for a hosting company. I develop in PHP and BASH. I can't do much perl tbh :sad:

Found the site via a search term I did in google. I mostly use Linux, I know enough Windows to help out.

Im from London, live in Cheshire in the UK. Im a geek, and I diGG malteasers

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

Hey there Carl, welcome to Daniweb. :D

I am sure there are many newbies out there who need your expertise...;)

Hey there Carl, welcome to Daniweb. :D

I am sure there are many newbies out there who need your expertise...;)

Im sure there might be, ill just help with what I can tbh.. No point trying to punch above ones weight.

And welcome from another ex-pat Londoner who moved north :)

And welcome from another ex-pat Londoner who moved north :)

up north, is just slightly better then down south, more for your money and all that :lol:

More for your money, and more weather - just not of the hot sort usually :)

More for your money, and more weather - just not of the hot sort usually :)

totally! My house would have cost me a fortune if I lived back in London, we're talking Chelsea prices.. :eek:

Hehe, we moved out to a small village from the London suburbs about 13 years ago now. Swapped a two bed flat in a nice part of town for a 6 bedroom place in a few acres, with no crime to speak of, little noise, little pollution, yada yada yada.

One of the best decisions we ever made.

Hey I come from the uk as well and I live north of london (just), i would actually quite like to live in London someday though.

Anyway, Welcome to the Community and hope we can help or be helped;)

Howdy Cpickering, welcome to the boards....I am a newbie here too!

Welcome to DaniWeb... We are so glad to have you!

good to see you here, carl! you'll surely have fun in this board, lots of nice people :)

Welcome to Daniweb

thanks guys for making me feel welcome :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.