Hello,

I was wondering if there is any altrernate to Ms SQL Enterprise Manager?

and of course a free one

Thanx

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

PHPMyAdmin

web-based management system for mysql

well I was asking for MS (Microsoft SQL Server) alternate and not mysql

well I was asking for MS (Microsoft SQL Server) alternate and not mysql

mysql is an alternative to MS SQL Server. If you don't think so then what do you consider an alternative ? Sybase also has SQL servers. but they are not free.

mysql is an alternative to MS SQL Server. If you don't think so then what do you consider an alternative ? Sybase also has SQL servers. but they are not free.

What I meant by alternate of "Ms SQL Enterprise Manager" is that is there any FREE client for ms sql server by which I can access the data through the alternate client?

why?

the ms one is very good (i myself was impressed with the express one)

Oh so you want a free client that access the server, that's different. Just write your own, not a big thing to do -- well I guess it could be if you don't have any experience in SQL query language or wrinting programs that access databases.

Enterprise manager is actually very cool. I have used Toad before for Oracle and they have a free beta version for SQL Server (http://www.toadsoft.com/toadsqlserver/toad_sqlserver_beta.htm) so if you're dying to use something else, I'd give that a shot based on past experience with their tools. I haven't used this one though so I really don't know how it compares to Enterprise manager or SQL Server Management Studio as it's now called.

Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio Express is free:) and from MS.:'(

It does not do everything that Enterprise manager does, but it does a lot.

For simpler interface take a look at our product dbQwikEdit, but it's not free :(

Your product seems a good one. Do you accept paypal? Coz thats the only way I can pay for this software.

Let me know thanx

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.