Hi all,
I want to be a networker and software developer.
My questions are,
How many languages to pack?
Which languages to pack?

I want to know three languages( are they enough?)
for sure i want to knw C++ and JAVA. But i dnt knw the third!.... Python?PERL? or?.....

Please help me!

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

To pack? Are you going on a trip? :icon_rolleyes:

>for sure i want to knw C++ and JAVA. But i dnt knw the third!
If you want to go the practical route, select a language you're likely to use. Perl and Python are both good options. If you intend to do web programming then PHP would be a good idea, and depending on what systems you want to specialize in, one of the .NET languages could help.

If you want to push your limits as a programmer, select a language that's fundamentally different than C++ and Java, such as one of the LISP variants, Haskell, or assembly.

commented: Mean, but funny =P +1

Hi,

C++ and JAVA it's almost the 'same type' I would stick with C++ is very potent and you can use it in .Net . A very simple but very important IMHO is JavaScript(has nothing to do with JAVA ) also you want to know SQL for working with data.

Regards,
Camilo

Python is easy to learn and development using it is generally much quicker than with C/C++ or Java.

You will not know only three languages. There is no way. You will end up accidentally having to write a few SQL queries, then some build scripts, editor customizations, web server configurations, XML transformations, ...........

And before you know it, you'll have learned too many languages! Time to bang your head against the wall so that you can go back down to three.

that means if im into programming then i should really be serious in it!..... like about 5 languages thats something, well i want it and im in!....

Knowing how to program is far more important than being able to write a for loop in 20 different languages.

Being able to construct a meaningful program in any language counts.

Writing "hello world" or a bunch of typical homework assignments in many languages doesn't.

Knowing how to program is far more important than being able to write a for loop in 20 different languages.

Being able to construct a meaningful program in any language counts.

Writing "hello world" or a bunch of typical homework assignments in many languages doesn't.

"Understanding the fundamental concept is the key."

That pretty much sums up your quote.

thanks guys

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.