Techs can avoid cold/flu viruses by washing hands
Pat Vickers

Techs are constantly touching other user's keyboards, mice, and phones. While this contact may seem harmless, I have always theorized that this interaction is the cause of many a support tech's misery during the cold and flu season. If I'm right, not only do support techs pick up cold and/or flu bugs from end users' peripherals, they also pass them to other keyboards and, therefore, to other people. I decided to investigate this, and here's what I found. [more]

Very good reading!!

I wash my hands several times a day,its good practice me thinks!!

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by vmanes

Nice article and timeless, too.

But don't they say kids should lick some shoes daily to get some immunity to most common germs? I used to work as a salesman for 18 years and rarely got sick, although I shook hands about 30 times a day and couldn't wash my hands very often. I even used to eat while driving from customer to another. Without washing hands, of course...

I guess the secret was in my physical condition. I didn't exercise, but I had to walk quite a lot with my heavy bag from the nearest free parking lot to the customer's office and back. I also used stairs a lot.

But I really agree, that touching your face, mainly eyes or nostrils, is the way to pick up those flu bugs among other things. I noticed this painfully during a 10 km's car trip: I had struck a cat, although I'm allergic to them. Of course it made my eyes itch, so naturally I grinded my eyeballs with my knuckles, the result being an almost unbearable painly itching. A thorough rinsing with plain water helped a lot, before I could get some medication.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.