Sure. But I'm just waiting to see if media's superman will miraculously "fix" all of America's problems.

I guess you have a long wait ahead of you then. Obama has made no claims to that effect. Sorry to rain on your hyperbole.

I guess you have a long wait ahead of you then. Obama has made no claims to that effect. Sorry to rain on your hyperbole.

Whatever. Then I guess his voters were just ignorant. Because that is ALL I have heard from his supporters. "He's gonna fix our economy, he's gonna save us from a pointless war, he's gonna bring change!"

um no he wants to continue the war in afghanistan

um no he wants to continue the war in afghanistan

I was quoting what I have been hearing from various "friends."
That's why I said they were ignorant.

commented: Quoting from friends, I couldn't think of any source more reliable than that! +17

obama supports a surge in afghanistan which is the same as mccain
like mccain he wants to see a reolution in iraq, but a pullout too.

What two weeks without a president are you referring to?

It's a bad joke, the inauguration is on the 20th, Bush's term ends on 12/31 so that is almost 3 weeks w/o a sworn in president.

I still can't quite decide who won the election?? Was it obama, or did Oprah win it for him? Just thinking out loud really...I guess if he screws it up, Oprah is there to clean it up!

As of the latest count 56,910,716 folks voted for McCain.

I am not sure of the point about Oprah but it sure seems spurious; trying to belittle Obama by not capitalizing his name, capitalizing hers, and implying that he could not have won without her. Pure crap.

So let me go to the other side and ask: would McCain have lost on his own or did he need Palin's help?

Whatever. Then I guess his voters were just ignorant. Because that is ALL I have heard from his supporters. "He's gonna fix our economy, he's gonna save us from a pointless war, he's gonna bring change!"

The only ignorant person in the US is Sarah Palin, according to Fox News she honestly thought that Africa was a country, and South Africa was simply the southern region of that country.

Just think what it will do to her mind when she finds out Australia is both a floor wax and a dessert topping.

I am not sure of the point about Oprah but it sure seems spurious; trying to belittle Obama by not capitalizing his name, capitalizing hers, and implying that he could not have won without her. Pure crap.

So let me go to the other side and ask: would McCain have lost on his own or did he need Palin's help?

I told myself as I was writing my last little bit that if anyone notices my subliminal messages it was going to be Mr. GrimJack himself....you are so predictable. I think it was inevitable that obama was going to win...to much need for "change" in the USA for the votes not to go to the one who promises that. I only wrote the Oprah bit to spark conversation. This election was absolutely untraditional. Media (in my opinion) drives a large portion of our nation, able to sway thoughts one way or another, as well as powerfully influential people: Oprah being one of them. Politics itself is 'pure crap' if you ask me. Palin was absolutely a help McCain, but who ever even heard of Sarah Palin before 2007? Not me, or anyone else I know. Anyhow... I am too tired to really dive into why I think the way I do, I just do...I thought I had the energy to dive into this one with you, but I just do not...perhaps we can discuss this later! Goodnight

Maybe next time.

It's a bad joke, the inauguration is on the 20th, Bush's term ends on 12/31 so that is almost 3 weeks w/o a sworn in president.

This poster may be Sarah Palin.
I can understand ignorance, but to think that the USA goes three weeks every 4 years without a president is hard to believe.
The presidential term expires on January 20th, at noon.

This poster may be Sarah Palin.
I can understand ignorance, but to think that the USA goes three weeks every 4 years without a president is hard to believe.

Even if that were true we would still have a President -- The Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi would assume the duties (because the VP's term expires at the same time as the President's).

Even if that were true we would still have a President -- The Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi would assume the duties (because the VP's term expires at the same time as the President's).

Even nuttier than Grimjack's post.
That's like saying the Speaker of the House is president for three weeks every 4 years.
Let's read the Constitution, people!

Even nuttier than Grimjack's post.
That's like saying the Speaker of the House is president for three weeks every 4 years.
Let's read the Constitution, people!

Learn to read -- I said "IF THAT WERE TRUE". I didn't say it was fact. But if it were true (which of course it isn't) then the Speaker would indeed be President during that time.

Sorry. What I meant to say is that this is a complete non-sequitor.
If the president's term expired on the 31st, the new president's term would begin on the 1st.
You're talking about presidential succession, which has nothing to do with the president's term.

Oprah is the devil.

Oprah is the devil.

I always thought the devil would be taller...

Oprah is the devil.

I have seen the devil and she doesn't look anything like Oprah!

If by some stroke of luck McCain had won, maybe by less emphasis on late night shows, SNL, or whatever might have been a factor, I wonder if the same controversies concerning Palin's unpreparedness on political comments would still surface.

Let me just say I'm very pleased that Barack Obama won this election.

commented: agreed :) +36

Oprah is the devil.

Thank you Christina>You! Even though she does a ton of good for the world, there has to be a counterbalance somewhere!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.