I tried too do port triggering for Age of Empires 2 on a Netgear WPN 8224v2 router and I know the port (23978) I tried hosting a game using my local IP address and that IP adress was fake. Is there a special IP address for the game? Please help me.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

If you are hosting over the internet, your local IP address won't work because it is "local". I think you can try the router ip + port instead... not 100%

I tried too do port triggering for Age of Empires 2 on a Netgear WPN 8224v2 router and I know the port (23978) I tried hosting a game using my local IP address and that IP adress was fake. Is there a special IP address for the game? Please help me.

I dont think there is a special IP address for your game, the IP address you want is your own IP.
Make sure you have up to date patches ie Server versions.
You may also try this. Go to the icon you use to start the game, select properties, at the end
of the Target path after the " type in + set net_port 23978.
Hope this helps
Melp334

Thanks, That helped A LOT

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.