what is the best mp3 compressor which produces the smallest files while still maintaining good quality.

Recommended Answers

All 9 Replies

Hi

i want this software

pls help.

Thanks

Appu

I want this software

Pls help me

Appu :confused:

I like to use Acoustica's PRO Audio Converter whenever batching my CD's WAVs into high-bitrate MP3.

For the reference, don't take something compressed... and then compress it again. It gets ugly. Make a WAV out of the original first, and mess with that. A little advice for ye.

The MP3 is somewhat limited, and most encoding engines are fairly similar. Anything under a 192kbps/44.1kHz/MPEG-1 is sure to have audible traces of compression, through much experimentation.

hi, i want d software

What exactly is your intention? Obviously the original post was a question, not a statement. So why are you expecting someone to give it to you, then?

Just for the record, MP3 files are actually quite bad quality - the bitrate has to be fairly high to achieve a good quality. Consider using a better compression algorithm: if you're using iTunes choose AAC ; on Windows Media Player use WMA, and Ogg/Vorbis for all you Linux geeks out there. Any of these formats sound better than MP3 when compressed at the same bitrates.

The reason that MP3 is so popular is because it's a standard format; thus the name "MP3 player". The technology was fairly groundbreaking at the time, allowing a very small file for the amount of quality you get, but nowadays it's not that great.

Well the HIGHER THE BITRATE (Bigger file) the better sounding MP3..

You get too low and there is no BASS and it sounds kinda bad :D

Well the HIGHER THE BITRATE (Bigger file) the better sounding MP3..

Obviously, yes. However, the formats I mentioned in my previous post are much better than MP3, because they can be compressed at much lower bitrates without sounding bad.

For example, AAC at 128 KB/s is roughly equivalent to a 160 or 192 KB/s compressed MP3 file. WMA and Ogg/Vorbis are also quite similar.

MP3Minimizer may help, it recompresses many files at a time.

Welcome to the site :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.