Going on a trip,have to leave your luggage with someone to board it?

http://files.ww.com/files/56210.html

Ah man!!

Recommended Answers

All 13 Replies

that's good to know.

i often forget my luggage key, and need to get in my locked luggage to access some personal item, but want to reclose the luggage so it remains locked as if it were never opened, so i can then unlock it normally at some later time, after i've found the key.

that's cool that dude was thinking the same thing and made a video for it.

Yep, at the airport the always ask you if anyone has touched your bag at any point and if you say yeah then they will demans to search it. Also if you forget your key, and it is picked out for a random search, the guys will destroy it.

There is a much higher chance that your luggage ends up at another airport!

Or besides getting delayed (4 days last trip I took) or just plain lost (does it go to the same place as odd mittens and socks?), the airline gorillas could just simply break your stuff.

On my way back from Paris a couple years ago - I found this note on my bag (TSA - Notice of Baggage Inspection - the notice goes on and includes a line about "if the TSA security officer was unable to open your bag..., the officer may have been forced to break the locks...." My bag was pretty heavy (and I managed to find a cobble and bring it home with me - it could have shown up on a scan).

Yeah thats what i said. Locks are a bad idea as if they wanted to steal your stuff, they would just do it regardless, and they just hinder legitimate inspections, and you shouldnt leave your bag alone until its cheaked in anyway.

Ever wonder how much a suitcase stuffed with hundred Dollar bills would be worth?

Depends on whether or not they are stuffed in there or neatly stacked and what denomination they are and the size of the suitcase and it had better not be more than US$10,000.

Maybe that's how my things went missing in Spain...

it had better not be more than US$10,000.

that would be 100 bills. don't need a suitcase, you could stick that in an envelope.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i bet we all would like having all that!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.