I have an c++ program that works with some photos and some audio files and some other .exe for specific tasks.

I need to merge them all in an .exe that when runned will copy all this files into an folder and run the program.
Do you know an application that does sort of thing ?

Thank you very much in advance,
Andrei

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

In think you are talking about an installation program such as InstallShield, or possibly a compression program such as WinZip and PkZip (but they will not run a program after the files are copied),

In think you are talking about an installation program such as InstallShield, or possibly a compression program such as WinZip and PkZip (but they will not run a program after the files are copied),

I know programs such as WinZip but i need something to also run one of the files so the app can be started automaticaly.

google around and you will find them. For example, read this article, which gives several installation programs.

google around and you will find them. For example, read this article, which gives several installation programs.

Ok, thanks the article was useful and then i managed to find what i need.

You can also take a look at UPX. I UPX pack .map files in to my finished executables so I can get detailed stack traces on my delphi apps without having the compiler's map file sitting in the same directory. You can extract packed resources but it takes a little more effort. This isn't used for setup/install/deployment but can be used to embed resources and get the file size down.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.