HELP ME, I accidently ended explorer.exe (my shell) in Task Manager. I went to New Task>explorer.exe>run and it only opened windows explorer but did not open my shell.

Recommended Answers

HELP ME, I accidently ended explorer.exe (my shell) in Task Manager. I went to New Task>explorer.exe>run and it only opened windows explorer but did not open my shell.

reboot computer

Jump to Post

well you must have done more that just stop it in task manager .
system32 folder is in the windows folder !
do this i think you allready did it but try once more .

ALT+CTRL+DEL, start task manger/go new task/ type in EXPLORER.EXE/ hit enter

Jump to Post

All 7 Replies

reboot computer

Nope, tried that, and I also tried manualy opening explorer.exe but for some reason my laptop (Dell) has a WINDOWS folder instead of System 32 when I bought it (BestBuy).

well you must have done more that just stop it in task manager .
system32 folder is in the windows folder !
do this i think you allready did it but try once more .

ALT+CTRL+DEL, start task manger/go new task/ type in EXPLORER.EXE/ hit enter

Nope, tried that, and I also tried manualy opening explorer.exe but for some reason my laptop (Dell) has a WINDOWS folder instead of System 32 when I bought it (BestBuy).

Hi,
When you open your Windows folder you will find a System 32 folder.

Hi if you are still having problems with explorer.exe, have a look at this post. Might help.

Hi
dear you have to reinstall your explorer.exe from repair windows option.

Thanks
regards

or copy the explorer.exe from a friend who is using the same OS.

There might be a possibility that your explorer.exe might have been corrupt or that a virus must have come in while you were downloading something.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts learning and sharing knowledge.