The PSP looks really slick, but I'm way too thrifty for that trendy gizmo. And I don't like how if you want a movie you have to buy the special disk. Can the PSP act as a "dvd" player and hook into the TV? Sony should at least have a set top dvd player that will play their proprietary disks.

I bought one the day they came out, not on purpose it just happened. By now you have probably made a decision. If you bought one good. If no there pretty fun to play. There are some great games on it.

I think the PSP is pretty nice... my boyfriend was going to either get me that or the Nintendo DS for Christmas, but he thought I wouldn't play either of them. =/ But at least I got a Wii :) (and I don't care if the graphics aren't that great... it's still fun ;))

i got a pocketpc. mine was half the price of a decent ipod / psp and its basically a pc

has msn, IE, outlook, even solitare :)

and office which is good for college

and media player is great. ive got a VGA screen so it looks awesome for watching ripped movies on

2gb of SD cost me under £15 ($7?) too

Hey I like it, its nice for playing videos, music, photos, playing games..I enjoy using it

i got a pocketpc. mine was half the price of a decent ipod / psp and its basically a pc

and media player is great. ive got a VGA screen so it looks awesome for watching ripped movies on

How did you do that?

it comes with all that software by default

most pocketpcs are £150 - 250 but mine was windows 2003 and windows 5 had just come out (basically the XP of the PDA world) so it was reduced to £115

the SD was off of Crucial memory's website

I'm happy with my PSP, as is my 8 year old son. We often link up and play each other at some racing game, for example, way cool.

My wife likes it for the Internet browser as it's quicker to fire up than a lappy.

Will be even cooler when the PS3 arrives in the UK next week of course :)

are you gonna get a ps3 happygeek? there so expensive here compared to in the US
i want one but its gonna take me years to save

Have one pre-ordered through Dark Planets, confirmed and to be delivered for launch day :)

£425 plus an additional controller, the HDMI cable, some games. Was not a wallet pleasing experience, but will be worth it for the look on my sons face when he realises I have bought one...

thats a much better bundle than GAME's and for the same price. i was gonna get one but the price makes me think that maybe ill get a 360 instead (there releasing a new version soon)

Nah. £425 for the PS3 alone, all the other stuff I listed was extra. I spent around £600 in all, but have ordered half a dozen games as well for that.

gah!

ive just invested in an old style (original xbox)and i miust say, its a very good buy. in game there 39.99

i got mine, 2 conteollers, dvd kit, and 20 games for around £100

Read the post incorrectly, I thought you got that stuff on a PSP. Would have been cool though if it was on a PSP.

get a pda!

there so cool :)

anything to mention a pda that boy

get a DS far superior
not the lite, the old school bulky beasts

ds sucks get a pda

but not a palm (and no im not flaming, i have a palm too and i hate it)

what is the difference between them?

i think it did for the powerful functions it have.

If i was older, I probably would get a PDA. But for now I will stick with the PSP. There have got to be ways to mod it to get PC programs to work on it. If anyone knows post or message me.

search gp2x on google, its the best. Far, far,. far better then a ipod, ds, pda, psp, cell phone, or whatever.

Seems okay, but it reminds me of the Sega Game Gear. The Game Gear was big, bulky and drained batteries. I didn't read too much of the review but it looks that way. The PSP is small, sleek and doesnt go through batteries that quickly. There are emulators fo it too.

I miss the Sega! :(

Who doesn't?

I :-)

i will always prefer Nintendo in the hand-held wars, far more experience it that field.

Go DS power :P

PSP owns ds.Sure the ds has some cool games, but the graphics and gameplay of the PSP can not be compared.Go PSP power.:)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.